• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

The RO2:HoS Fact Thread

How comes "prone" is not listed as a feature?

faceg.gif

Upvote 0
From my short memory:

Tanks:
A dead loader will be replaced by an AI from another role.

Destructible fences (Anyone need to ask why I put this one in the tanks section? =P).

Penetration:
It will distinguish different materials and thicknesses.

Suppression:
Two types of suppression:
Instant suppression: Inspired with Darkest Hour system, making more dificult to shoot back, but not as prohibitive as said system.

Accumulative suppression: Slowly builds up the anxiety of the soldier, giving a big sense of danger, and diminishing the ability to hold breath. The anxiety decreases the longer the soldier is out of danger.

Impacts against the wall near you will contribute to the suppression.

Weapon unlocks:
PPSH41: 31 bullet mag - 75 bullet mag - Selective single shot fire.
MG34: Ammunition capacity.
(Not sure about the details here, so, correct me if I'm wrong or feel free to complete).

Scoreboard:
Will show Kills, Team play points and the sum of both (not final).

Graphics:
Randomized muzzle flashes so all shots look different.

Fixed Weapons:
They'll be placed on random spots on the map (Thanks Unterscharfuhrer)

Thats all I can think from the top of my head.

I'll just finish with the comment of a friend of mine to whom I sent the podcast:
"damned Tripwire... they are making HoS so good no game will be able to compete"

Last edited:
Upvote 0
(...)
Weapon unlocks:
PPSH41: 31 bullet mag - 75 bullet mag - Selective single shot fire.
MG34: Ammunition capacity.
(Not sure about the details here, so, correct me if I'm wrong or feel free to complete).

(...)"

I just want to add what I heard/found

• PPsh 41: 35-round curved box magazine (default), 71-round drum magazine, selectable firing mode semi or fully automatic
  • MG-34: 50-round belt (default), 75-round double drum magazine, 100-round belt or 250-round box (?, not confirmed yet)
AFAIR even John Gibson didn't exact remember round number in specific unlocks at podcast. Need to verified.

Upvote 0
As I remember it, if all your crew die, you have the option to scuttle your tank and respawn. If your tank is still operational, you can drive it back to a re-supply point to get a new tank crew. Better than being stranded.

Also, something I liked was the rank system. TK to much and to often and your rank can go negitive, bouncing you to a remedial training server for lower ranking players. This should help stop the boneheads who like to TK in spawn or TK for weapons.

They didn't discuss the anti-cheat systems.

They are also considering converting your time in-game over to rank. Based on your hours put into RO1 you may start RO2 at an elevated rank.

The points system is still being tweaked but if you're supporting your team you get points also. For example if you're a sniper or mg and your mission isn't to actually cap but to support the assult team. You will be rewarded for contributing to your team if you are for instance, sniping and blocking the enemy from occupying the cap zone. Following orders of the Squad Leader earn you points also. It's not just about capping and killing, it's about teamwork. Snipers who break cover to run and cap are playing the role for the wrong reasons. Stay in position and support the assult.

I think the supression system may actually help the MG role to be used more realisticly. Supress the enemy to allow your assult team to take the point. Once the point is taken, the MG moves up, then repeat the process. If done correctly, it is very effective. If the enemy is supressed and not able to return fire, your assult team can move in to gernade range, throw gernades then assult the position.

Upvote 0
As I remember it, if all your crew die, you have the option to scuttle your tank and respawn. If your tank is still operational, you can drive it back to a re-supply point to get a new tank crew. Better than being stranded.

Also, something I liked was the rank system. TK to much and to often and your rank can go negitive, bouncing you to a remedial training server for lower ranking players. This should help stop the boneheads who like to TK in spawn or TK for weapons.

They didn't discuss the anti-cheat systems.

They are also considering converting your time in-game over to rank. Based on your hours put into RO1 you may start RO2 at an elevated rank.

The points system is still being tweaked but if you're supporting your team you get points also. For example if you're a sniper or mg and your mission isn't to actually cap but to support the assult team. You will be rewarded for contributing to your team if you are for instance, sniping and blocking the enemy from occupying the cap zone. Following orders of the Squad Leader earn you points also. It's not just about capping and killing, it's about teamwork. Snipers who break cover to run and cap are playing the role for the wrong reasons. Stay in position and support the assult.

I think the supression system may actually help the MG role to be used more realisticly. Supress the enemy to allow your assult team to take the point. Once the point is taken, the MG moves up, then repeat the process. If done correctly, it is very effective. If the enemy is supressed and not able to return fire, your assult team can move in to gernade range, throw gernades then assult the position.

Awesome stuff! Thanks for this :)

Upvote 0
But I assume that the MGers will not get points in any way for surpressive fire?

Like, every bullet that inflicts surpression on an enemy gives him 0.05 score or so.

I'm not sure. They are still working out the point system. Another good point one of our clan folk who played the game mentioned is the lighting effects. It was done very well and as an example a person was upstairs of a building but he didn't hear him. Looking up the stairs the sun was shinning in the window and from where he was looking saw the shadow of a person moving on the second floor.

Their general overview was everything that RO players didn't care for in black ops, and the things we didn't like about, or wish would have been in RO1 have all gone away with RO2. I asked what was the one thing in RO2 that they were concerned about or didn't like and they couldn't think of anything. My wife thinks I play RO1 to much now, she is not going to like RO2. I'll have to give her Ramm's e-mail and say talk to him, it's all his fault!

Upvote 0

Hmm, the only problem I have with this is Steam started recording time spent in-game long after RO was released. While according to xfire I spent 700+ hours in RO, Steam only has my last 60 hours on record... :(

Upvote 0