• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

The RO2:HoS Fact Thread

I got a new fact: There will be no Darkest Hour 2:(
Meh I don't really mind to be honest. DH is a solid mod, and many of its developers are now working on RO2 mods, including In Country: Vietnam and Rising Storm. So it's not like there are great modders out there not doing anything.

Reactions: Unterscharfuhrer
Upvote 0
My apologies for going off topic this but this Darkest Hour misinformation needed to be dealt with:

Please read this:
http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=51026

Unterscharfuhrer said:
I got a new fact: There will be no Darkest Hour 2
Ender said:
Said to hear that but I hope
Completely untrue remark!

The Darkest Hour team have made no such statement and only a statement from the Darkest Hour team about the future of Darkest Hour is valid.

I believe we have pretty much said there will be a Darkest Hour 2 on the Darkest Hour forums perhaps not as an official announcement due our focus on this up-coming content update which we are working to finish up but definitely expect news on "DH2" after the update.

hockeywarrior said:
many of its developers are now working on RO2 mods
Not true most of us are still with and working on Darkest hour.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
hockeywarrior said:
and many of its developers .....
tt33 said:
Not true most of us are still with and working on Darkest hour
hockeywarrior said:
Thanks, but it IS true that there are DH developers working on Rising Storm and In Country. I didn't make that up.

First of all I took issue with the generic word "many" as some have tried to claim elsewhere that the DH team has pretty much disbanded to other mods which isn't at all true.
In fact as I am part of the DH team and have some knowledge of the comings and goings of other team members I can state that right now our current team is pretty much the same as it was a few years ago (a tad wiser and stronger perhaps) plus a few additions thus I conclude most of the DH team is still with "DH".

oh and I think you are confusing the MN team with DH with the In country mod. -;)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
TT33 is correct in all he says the DH team is alive and kicking and nearing completion of the last update.

The Comment Many of the team have joinned other mods is not correct, Only 2 of our members have left the team to join RS.

So untill we announce something Officially, any other comments or rumors are just that Rumors.

Now Back onto the original topic please.

Upvote 0
I am no expert on Soviet and German weaponry, but here's the list from the second part of the HD GDC '11 video on YouTube - Red Orchestra 2 - GDC 2011: Gameplay Enhancements Walkthrough Part 2 (Cam):

(just in case some are new to the fact thread; if not, sorry)

KAR98
M1985
MN9130
MP40
SVT40
MG34
PPSH41
C96
DP28
MG34 (Tripod)
PTRS 1941

There are more but he doesn't scroll down so I couldn't see them.

Also, the classes are:

Assault
Elite Assault
Rifleman
Elite Rifleman
Machine Gunner
Marksman
Anti-Tank Soldier
Engineer
Tank Driver
Tank Commander
Tank Squad Leader
Platoon Commander
Squad Leader
Commander

For what it's worth I think 'Elite' does sound a bit silly.

Upvote 0