• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Will HoS present the netcode disadvantages of UE3?

There is no "disadvantage" to the net code of UE3. It works quite similar to UE2, and Red Orchestra 1 was widely regarded as having some of the best net-code around -

Sorry, I didn't read your whole post.

But I have to agree. With a server's ping of 150 or less, my shots are always spot on in RO1.

If RO2 is similar, that will be great.

It does seem to me, that even in low ping servers, UT3 and AA3 seem to lag a bit more than a UE2.5 game. But that might just be me thinking that.

Upvote 0
No offense but you just put the last nail in the coffin of your dead horse.
Agreed ... I've been tolerant of many of Zat's sometimes crazy ideas but this goes too far. Auto aim? IN RO2? Holy IS2 Batman! :IS2:

Oh and ...
... AA3 seem to lag a bit more than a UE2.5 game. But that might just be me thinking that.
AA3 is a steaming pile of crap and should not be compared to any decent form of digital entertainment.

Last edited:
Reactions: Oldih
Upvote 0
any game will have hax accusations, the key is a good player base, great anti hack scripts and a competent moderator. Lag compensation is the way to go, as dreadful as some of you make it out to be, it is better than clearly shooting an enemy, being killed and then, as you fall down dead, seeing your bullet hit the wall... surely.

And god dammnit zets stop presenting so many good arguments, i can only give you +1 so many times :mad:

So you seriously want a game where you can get killed around corners, kill eachother on a regular basis? With kill eachother i mean at the same time, omfg no god no...just no... seriously try BC2 if that doesn't get you disgusted enough than nothing does, its horrible online.

Upvote 0
Dont assume that the netcode in AA3 is normal, this game is totally fubar'd.

I should have a ping of 20ms but I get more like 500ms this means between me fireing and the bullet hiting the wall I have a delay of half a second and thats form a distance of maybe 2 meters.

Some die hard fans of AA3 in the forums still cant realise that the game is broken.
They told me my ISP is bad or my pc or whatever but thats just not true, in other games I get fantastic pings like 10ms in quake live.

seriously try BC2 if that doesn't get you disgusted enough than nothing does, its horrible online.
Bc2 is not as bad as AA3 but its bad enough, getting shot while already in cover sucks, if DICe cant fix that (which I dont assume they will) I wont buy any future dice games.

But RO1 netcode was indeed fine, I think on bigger distances you had to aim ahead because of the realistic bullet travel time and on short distance you had to aim right on the model.
But im european and I always got good pings.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
So you seriously want a game where you can get killed around corners, kill eachother on a regular basis? With kill eachother i mean at the same time, omfg no god no...just no... seriously try BC2 if that doesn't get you disgusted enough than nothing does, its horrible online.
Also depends on how the devs implemented the lag compensation system.All valve games have great hitreg without kills around corners.TF2 is a perfect example.BF games (excluding BC2) also have properly working lag compensation

Upvote 0
Also depends on how the devs implemented the lag compensation system.All valve games have great hitreg without kills around corners.TF2 is a perfect example.BF games (excluding BC2) also have properly working lag compensation

TF2 is probably the worst example. Getting killed by snipers and heavies after you've turned a corner is commonplace.

Play scout and see how easy it is to get murdered when you think you've run past a wall or something.

Upvote 0
I think that this is how it works.
-No lag compensation(Ro):You kill less that you would actually kill.This is not that bad for Red Orchestra since it makes battles longer.
-Lag Compesation:You kill/get killed when you shouldn't, so it's easier to kill(corners).

I would like the option to have the second one if it is well done.But it seems that I will have to pray for lower ping servers for Ro:Hos.Bullet lag sucks, but anyway this is going to be the best gamer ever.:IS2:

Upvote 0
You cant please everybody with one setting and server. But with server options custom tailor made gaming experiences are possible. Especially for say the coop.

Zets, this game is going to be aimed at the hardcore shooters, and the hardcore -1 shooters. meaning people who play HC COD and want more, or BF players who want more. Adding in functionality to try and convert casual gamers who don't have a mouse is useless.

Upvote 0
Zets, this game is going to be aimed at the hardcore shooters, and the hardcore -1 shooters. meaning people who play HC COD and want more, or BF players who want more. Adding in functionality to try and convert casual gamers who don't have a mouse is useless.

I wouldn't call it useless it would call it a low priority. As in there are a lot of things that could be a more worthwhile investment of TWI's time and that's with a lot of suggestions.

But just because something is hard to implement or a lot less important than other suggestions and therefore not worthwhile to implement if it takes away the chance of another feature. Doesn't stop a certain idea from being feasible or not. And that is my whole point.

Auto aim got more to do with a difficulty setting for instance especially in sp games, than for instance whether a game is aimed at a realistic crowd or not (what essentially hardcore sounds like to me).

I do not trust automated systems so I want the ability to force it off on servers. But allowing game pad pc gamers to play against each other with auto aim on special game pad servers i wouldn't have any issue with. Would it be wise to implement considering the small size of that demo graph, probably not.

I think people are way too much restricting suggestions to whether they like to play that way themselves, rather than looking if they could pose a possible advantage to a certain group.

A lot of suggestions for optional features on these forums get boasted off, purely because one person doesn't like it. Completely going past the optional part. If everybody would like it there would be no need to make it optional in the first place.

Upvote 0
I wasent even considering it in optional/not completely usefull context. IMO there is a small group of game pad users. of that group the ammount who would be interested in ROHOS is probably very very small, and if they are interested then they are also gamers and have mice. There is an almost endless list of features that could be used to increase the populus of people interested in this game, auto aim in the context of gamepad users is one I believe would add zero more potential customers to ROHOS. Chances are that some people would run away with "auto aim" on their mind and not buy the game, also convincing others not to buy.

Im willing to discuss any idea that I think fits with the game, or can be argued fits with the game, that would increase the populous that this game appeals to.

Upvote 0