• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

New AT rifle confirmed?

Apos

Grizzled Veteran
Dec 3, 2007
Europe
www.enclave.pl
Yoshiro posted on RO2 steamgroup something like this:

Even Lahti has just tweeted he was at Tripwire Interactive HQ last month. I wonder if he managed to sneak away with any secret information to tell his readers at PC Gamer ... One can only keep their eyes peeled to the news stands and hope :)

That tweet says:

Things I learned while at Tripwire last month with @rammjaeger and @tripwireyoshiro: there's a "Lahti" anti-tank rifle. [url]http://bit.ly/cDhxPM[/URL]

and link leads us to: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lahti_L-39

All he says is that he learned that said rifle with his last name exists.....

so how did he learn that said rifle with his last name exists? Ramm just goes, oh hey, check out this wiki article i just pulled up on my computer....there's a gun with your same last name. pretty neat huh? :p

be interesting to see how this weapon will be used. according to the wiki info, it required at least two soldiers to carry, so would this mean a special two-man unit to be anti-tank? or perhaps just one super strong Hero could carry it on his own :eek::D

Upvote 0
so how did he learn that said rifle with his last name exists? Ramm just goes, oh hey, check out this wiki article i just pulled up on my computer....there's a gun with your same last name. pretty neat huh? :p

That might be more plausible than seeing a Finnish AT rifle in Stalingrad. But who knows, maybe it'll be for elite AT class, as it seems to be semi-auto.

Upvote 0
we used a lahti 20mm to record the sound for the at rifle that we're actually featuring. This was due to the real at rifle (which had out at the range) malfunctioning on the day we went to do the recording. Thus my conversation with the pc gamer guy with the same last name :)
PTRS

You wouldn't record a semi-auto anti-tank rifle for a bolt action one.

Reactions: -[SiN]-bswearer
Upvote 0
We used a Lahti 20mm to record the sound for the AT Rifle that we're actually featuring. This was due to the real AT Rifle (which had out at the range) malfunctioning on the day we went to do the recording. Thus my conversation with the PC Gamer guy with the same last name :)
I hope there isn't much different between the real sound of those rifles :p

Reactions: -[SiN]-bswearer
Upvote 0
I hope there isn't much different between the real sound of those rifles :p
OK that's it, I refuse to buy RO:HOS now.

It's a slippery slope ... first the wrong AT Rifle firing sound, next no more dedicated servers!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
We used a Lahti 20mm to record the sound for the AT Rifle that we're actually featuring. This was due to the real AT Rifle (which had out at the range) malfunctioning on the day we went to do the recording. Thus my conversation with the PC Gamer guy with the same last name :)

PTRS

You wouldn't record a semi-auto anti-tank rifle for a bolt action one.

Actually I would put my money for Solothurn S-18/100 or S-18/1000. Allthough that weapon would most definately need 2-man crew to be usable, so could it be Solothurn afterall...but atleast the sound of Lahti L-39 and Solothurn S-18/1000 would be close, since both had same cartridge. PTRS would on the other hand have probably pretty different sound.

Last edited:
Upvote 0