• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

New AT rifle confirmed?

I'll never know if they sound very different, since I didn't get to hear the real thing firing. And 99.99999999999999% of you will never hear the real thing fire either :) But since we can't pay tens of thousands of dollars to get the best recordists in the business and all of their equipment out to a remote location in the Nevada desert twice we rolled with the backup.

Upvote 0
I'll never know if they sound very different, since I didn't get to hear the real thing firing. And 99.99999999999999% of you will never hear the real thing fire either :) But since we can't pay tens of thousands of dollars to get the best recordists in the business and all of their equipment out to a remote location in the Nevada desert twice we rolled with the backup.

So is it PTRS or Solothurn? Don

Upvote 0
atrsolothurn.jpg

say good bye to your shoulders :eek:

Upvote 0
Sounds like an Activision-like cop-out to me. BURN THE DEVELOPERS!
:D:IS2:

Upvote 0
Well, crap! Now I guess I'll just have to learn to live with having the immersion of my gameplay ruined everytime someone fires a round from that AT. :mad: The only other alternative would be to not play the game at all. Damn it all to hell (and other pointless explicatives).

Please give us server option to remove that particular weapon. Otherwise, people will start bailing from the servers everytime that weapon is used. C'mon. You know they will. :IS2:

Floyd <posted with just a tad bit of sarcasm :p >

Reactions: Dr. Pierre Chang
Upvote 0

Did you guys film it for the making off?

Upvote 0
We used a Lahti 20mm to record the sound for the AT Rifle that we're actually featuring. This was due to the real AT Rifle (which had out at the range) malfunctioning on the day we went to do the recording. Thus my conversation with the PC Gamer guy with the same last name :)

But their equipment didn't work so it is their fault and they should get a chance to fix it. :(

Upvote 0
Did you guys film it for the making off?

Yes :)

But their equipment didn't work so it is their fault and they should get a chance to fix it. :(

Not the sound recordists' fault. It was the armorer's problem - and he took the Lahti as a backup because he was concerned about the condition of the PTRS. Wasn't the only "failure" that trip - but the other one was rather more spectacular!

Now you'll HAVE to watch the "making off" to find out what else happened :p

Upvote 0

Not the sound recordists' fault. It was the armorer's problem - and he took the Lahti as a backup because he was concerned about the condition of the PTRS. Wasn't the only "failure" that trip - but the other one was rather more spectacular!

And....where can we find the "making off"? In a special/collectors edition of the game? :D

Upvote 0

Is this "making of" going to be on a special edition DVD or something? That would be awesome :D

Upvote 0
No S-18/1000 then. Well,to be honest, it would have been nearly impossible to implement realistically. And it would have been too rare. It just would have been one of the weapons never before seen in any game.
We did actually consider the Solothurn - but it is such a beast that we couldn't put it in as anything sensible. Sprint across the map with it, mantle a wall and duck into cover, before popping up to deploy it and picking off a T-34? Even Governator Schwarzie coulnd't pull that off :)

Upvote 0