• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

PAX Interview (sorry, gonna have to read :P)

Actually, in DH, you don't need to be unbuttoned from the commander's hatch to exit. You can be unbuttoned from any hatch that can be opened. They didn't model the use of certain hatches for tanks like the Stug or PIII though, or hatches for hull gunners, and that's why you have to switch to the commander position first.

Upvote 0
Let's wait for the Beta ay?

It's a double edged sword of having an incredibly accurate tank depiction - and TWI isn't going to want to put an unrealistic system entrance/exit system in like they did in ROOST. It's a lot of bloody work.

I don't see the necessity for tank crew to be able to bail, I never do, and none of my regular RO-buddies do either. It's easier to die with the tank and return to spawn with the tank.

Upvote 0
Let's wait for the Beta ay?

It's a double edged sword of having an incredibly accurate tank depiction - and TWI isn't going to want to put an unrealistic system entrance/exit system in like they did in ROOST. It's a lot of bloody work.

I don't see the necessity for tank crew to be able to bail, I never do, and none of my regular RO-buddies do either. It's easier to die with the tank and return to spawn with the tank.

But it's so damn cool to shoot the evacuating crew with my MG :D

Upvote 0
I asked that earlier, what happens if each team votes for a different sector to attack or defend (Team 1 votes to defend sector A while Team 2 decides to attack sector C).

the impression that i got was that only one team will be selecting an attack at a time, so that wouldn't ever be an issue. i'm guessing "declaring attacks" would alternate after each map/round etc...

Last edited:
Upvote 0
the impression that i got was that only one team will be selecting an attack at a time, so that wouldn't ever be an issue. i'm guessing it would "declaring attacks" would alternate after each map/round etc...

Aha, ok, that makes sense. It might depend on who won the last map. This way a successful attacker might do a blitzkrieg without losing momentum.

Upvote 0
a couple notes i forgot about that might be of interest:

Tank riders - I asked about the possibility for infantry to ride on tanks....the response from Alan was along the lines of "it's not currently implimented, but it could be something look at" (most likely something for the modding community to make happen)

(might have been mentioned before or not....)

"Steiner!" - Alan mentioned how the team had watched the movie Cross of Iron and used the main character Steiner to help as inspiration for the Heroes/rank system......so something like "the guy just looks so B.A."

images
cross-of-iron.jpg

Upvote 0
"Steiner!" - Alan mentioned how the team had watched the movie Cross of Iron and used the main character Steiner to help as inspiration for the Heroes/rank system......so something like "the guy just looks so B.A."

Steiner sure is one tough son of a b i t c h! :) I just hope that the Steiners in game won

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Sorry but I disagree totally. Trying to force players to play a certain way by implementing unrealistic restrictions will end in tears, and how on earth is climbing out of a tank 'gamey'? It is very easy to do in real life so it should be the same ingame.

As Witzig pointed out, it's a LOT of work for little reward (at least in TWI's opinion). We do have to remember TWI is a small team, so they have to allocate their manpower resources wisely.

They could implement all sorts of realistic stuff that wouldn't add to realistic gameplay - like tank exiting, or defecation. Both are easy to do in real-life, but probably not something you want to do on the battlefield. And definitely lower on the priority list than say functional pistol ports, or a suppression system.

Upvote 0
As Witzig pointed out, it's a LOT of work for little reward (at least in TWI's opinion). We do have to remember TWI is a small team, so they have to allocate their manpower resources wisely.

They could implement all sorts of realistic stuff that wouldn't add to realistic gameplay - like tank exiting, or defecation. Both are easy to do in real-life, but probably not something you want to do on the battlefield. And definitely lower on the priority list than say functional pistol ports, or a suppression system.

I appreciate what you're saying but they could implement some kind of delay with an animation of all crew coming out of one hatch. I know it's not realistic this way, but it's way more realistic than not being able to get out at all, especially if you need to defecate; it would be shame to pebbledash those lovely interiors :D

Edit : I should point out that if the only choice was insta-teleporting out of the tanks like RO, I would vote for locking in!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I appreciate what you're saying but they could implement some kind of delay with an animation of all crew coming out of one hatch. I know it's not realistic this way, but it's way more realistic than not being able to get out at all, especially if you need to defecate; it would be shame to pebbledash those lovely interiors :D

Edit : I should point out that if the only choice was insta-teleporting out of the tanks like RO, I would vote for locking in!

I disagree. In a battle, I would most definitely defecate in my tank. Hell, probably in my pants. :p

But seriously, it is a preference issue, ideally. But I think practically, TWI doesn't seem to want to implement it, because they'll surely want to animate it. Diminishing rewards, I suppose.

Upvote 0
I could imagine a black screen with a title card showing up saying "imagine awesome 1st person exit animation" for 15 seconds.

:D:D

But actually there could be a "moving inside the tank towards the hatch" animation, then a whiteout and here you are, outside the tank. Might look pretty nice from the first person perspective. Dunno how that'll look from the outside though, but, as I said, respawning is also just popping out of the air.

It would also be cool if regular tank crew member would be able to bail out only after the tank commander decides to abandon the tank.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
a couple notes i forgot about that might be of interest:

Tank riders - I asked about the possibility for infantry to ride on tanks....the response from Alan was along the lines of "it's not currently implimented, but it could be something look at" (most likely something for the modding community to make happen)

I hope that tank riding will be possible or at least that there is something more common for infantry transport than a UC for the allies.

Upvote 0