• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

PAX Interview (sorry, gonna have to read :P)

Not being able to bailout is retarded.

I certainly hope they come to their senses and include being able to exit the tanks. Or at least make it a server setting option. I can see it being a major dislike for many players if this is not included.

Upvote 0
and zet had cosplay kidz siting behind the camera XD

hehe, that's true he did.....and they were annoying. :p plus, i just like to torture people into reading! :D

Is this referring to SP, MP or co-op?

multiplayer campaign......the way i envision it is like your current map voting screen for servers with voting enabled. except in this case you have a campaign map to look at and you vote to choose which sector/map you think your team should attack. Alan said there would be a time limit so that you don't end up sitting there forever because people can't agree which sector to attack :D

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Great post! some really great info there about the Heroes system. Though a bit vague, this information still makes me feel a bit better about the bonuses players will receive and I'm encouraged that 99% of the ranking will be aesthetic.

This did crack me up though:
Plus, John commenting to me about my personal tendancy to sometimes be "critical" in these forums has convinced me to stop worrying about things and just wait to see what happens :D
How weird/awkward would it be for someone to tell you in real life to stop being a worry wart on the internet?

Upvote 0
To : [TW]Ramm-Jaeger

Maybe you could leak just a little bit more info ;). Question is, will we be able to order the AI tankers to not move the turret/fire guns until ordered to? Bots spamming weapons when you are trying to be quiet(Quiet as a tank can possibly be) can be annoying.

I second that question, I really hope if I take a tank and I am the only player in it, any ai that are in my tank wont start doing stuff taht will give away my position or alter my range/turret position etc.... as this would really be dissapointing. Should really allow server admin to disable/enable forced ai tank crewmembers.

Upvote 0
This did crack me up though:
How weird/awkward would it be for someone to tell you in real life to stop being a worry wart on the internet?

yeah lol......well i've been "confronted" about construtive criticism before so it wasn't that odd. my response is pretty straightforward:

constructive criticism is the result of our natural curiousity and sense of concern for something we have invested our trust and money in....being super secret and paranoid about "leaking" info frustrates people who are trying to make sense of broadly explained features/systems etc...

people sometimes equate constructive criticism and negativity as the same thing, which isn't exactly the case. :)

Upvote 0
I'm pretty sure bailing out has to be implemented for gameplay reasons: Tanks will get immobilized plus players obviously have to exit halftracks(I think it was said that 1 APC + 1 more tank will be implemented for both sides at some point after the release).

Also animating it just isn't realistic. Too much work especially when halftracks gets implemented. Plus think of the amount of hilarious glitches resulted from tank/halftrack being in awkward position for the animations to play out...

I think it's safe to assume armored personnel carriers, such as HT's will be exitable. Otherwise, they wouldn't be very good as APCs.

Tanks on the other hand, for realism's sake, shouldn't be exitable except when the tank is on fire or immobilized - even then IRL, you wouldn't likely have another tank around to hop into. I very much doubt that tank crewmembers were ever expected to exit their tank to "cap" a location, IRL. In order to get players to play in a realistic manner, tank exit shouldn't be implemented.

To put it another way. Exiting tanks is gamey.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
In order to get players to play in a realistic manner, tank exit shouldn't be implemented.

To put it another way. Exiting tanks is gamey.

Sorry but I disagree totally. Trying to force players to play a certain way by implementing unrealistic restrictions will end in tears, and how on earth is climbing out of a tank 'gamey'? It is very easy to do in real life so it should be the same ingame.

If you want people to play realistically then you need to reward them for doing so, trying to force people to have fun 'your way' never works in my experience.

Upvote 0
If you want people to play realistically then you need to reward them for doing so, trying to force people to have fun 'your way' never works in my experience.

The thing is, as realistic as ability to bail out is it's very easily exploited unless it's handled with caution. Now of course part of the whole issue is the instant exit found in RO:Ost that if you're in moderately deep **** you could just gtfo and seek cover and play ninja around and help capturing. This leads to the question how often tank crews - after bailing out - decided that "hay guyz lets loot some weapons and CHAERG and assault enemy strongholds and capture it" ? However, even with greatly delayed exit time it would be remotedly easy to just time your gtfo correctly and do the same thing.

Even though simple solution would be that any crew member that exits vehicle does not count regarding objective capturing and has nonexistant morale regarding the morale system. That way if you really need to bail out (as rarely you would just sit inside happily when you know you're screwed) you could do that but the only useful thing to do is to return to your spawn, even though then it raises the question (regarding typical player) why bother as dying and respawning is alot faster than bailing out and running back.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
multiplayer campaign......the way i envision it is like your current map voting screen for servers with voting enabled. except in this case you have a campaign map to look at and you vote to choose which sector/map you think your team should attack. Alan said there would be a time limit so that you don't end up sitting there forever because people can't agree which sector to attack :D
I asked that earlier, what happens if each team votes for a different sector to attack or defend (Team 1 votes to defend sector A while Team 2 decides to attack sector C).

Upvote 0
Sorry but I disagree totally. Trying to force players to play a certain way by implementing unrealistic restrictions will end in tears, and how on earth is climbing out of a tank 'gamey'? It is very easy to do in real life so it should be the same ingame.

Actually a similar System exists in WWIIOL, you can not exit your Tank, though you can always "despawn" the Tank (ain't instant though). A similar option for HoS would be nice to allow disabled or immobilized Tanks to "respawn" without having to give up the Tank.

Though i agree that on Occasion it would be nice to leave the Tank, so you'd be able to scout ahead without presenting your Tank as target (mostly on Tank only Maps). But we'd be needing Tank Exit Animations for each crewable position (2-4), in 3rd and 1st Person. And those Animations need probably be different for each Tank to not look awkward (sp?).

So with 4 Tanks your looking at 28 additional Animations at least, more if they'd animate uesage of Escape Hatches. Additionally you'd have to make the Sections on the Tank move- and damageable, at least to bring the Exit-System the same level of Detail as the Rest.

Thats a lot of work to allow exiting Tanks, also this will make creating and adding Tanks more Work = less Tanks getting added over time. People teleporting out of Tanks was used in RO:OST, but i for one am glad that Tripwire moved away from that.

P.S.
The DH Team modified the Exit System that you could only leave from the Commander Hatch while unbuttoned. So to bail a Tank:

1. Commander unbuttons
2. Commander may exit Tank
3. other Crewmember switches to Commander Seat
4. Crewmember unbuttons
5. Crewmember exits Tank
Repeat 3 to 5 for last Crewmember

This is an improvement to the RO:OST System, but i'd rather see fully animted Exits or none at all :D. But that is just my opinion

Reactions: Mormegil
Upvote 0