• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Gamescon 2010 HEROES videos

Wow! I suggested the Germans use one hand to carry their guns while they ran a long time ago, and I remember people giving me crap about it lol..... But hey great job!

Has anyone else noticed the German's helmets are too high up on their heads? Take a look at the screen shots, I hope im not alone in thinking this?

Upvote 0
G-g-g-g-g-god like! The only suggestion I have is on Countdown:

It looks like it would kill the immersion by respawning all of the players back together after an objective was captured, when you could just leave the ones that are alive where they are. Then it would feel like a wave of reinforcements are coming in instead of just another wave of enemies. I don't know how this would play out, but just thought I'd mention it.

Reactions: DraKon2k
Upvote 0
G-g-g-g-g-god like! The only suggestion I have is on Countdown:

It looks like it would kill the immersion by respawning all of the players back together after an objective was captured, when you could just leave the ones that are alive where they are. Then it would feel like a wave of reinforcements are coming in instead of just another wave of enemies. I don't know how this would play out, but just thought I'd mention it.
Yea thought the same.

Upvote 0
After viewing the videos couple of times, I do have some concerns about the credibility of recon aircraft in game scaled for RO:HoS. Yes, it could work given it's done to some moderation but ultimately since when platoon level commanders (at most) had access to reconnaisance aircraft? Even at company level it's silly.

I am positive we might get more information in the following months and things might need to be tweaked as it's only feature presentation, but what's the relation of recon planes in E.G. realism mode? Is it only included in relaxed realism? What about the potential spam of recon planes or are they limited to only one per each round or what?

Upvote 0
What about the potential spam of recon planes or are they limited to only one per each round or what?

There is a timer of 3 min in the gameplay video.

I see that the arty is still very unrealistic, but I guess it has to be since the maps are way too small to support realistic arty. In reality heavy arty explosions shrapnel kilzone is like 100-150 meters, ingame its like 30 meters? Also the effected area of arty barrage would cover entire standard size RO map instead of few houses and streets next to them. Rocket strikes would cover probably 10 standard size RO maps :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I'm really NOT digging the Recon Plane. The idea that a platoon commander could call in a spotting plane in short order and get any kind of specific information is very gamey.

WW2 battlefields didn't have low-altitude recon planes flirting about above them. Mostly they were high-level photography recon, where they'd fly back to base, be developed, and then analyzed by the headquarters.

Maybe have a plane fire a flare at tanks or infantry concentrations. But giving a lieutenent the specific locations of enemy infantry on a magic map? Bleh. I'm not liking the direction that this is taking.

Upvote 0
Good to see they made the German soldiers run with their weapons the correct way, something I suggested a long time ago but people gave me crap about it lol.

Does anyone else notice the German's helmets sit too high up on their heads?
For me, something is definitely off with the German helmets. I don't know if it is that, though. I can't quite spot it. :\

Upvote 0