• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Gamescon 2010 HEROES videos

Thats the way I saw it, too. A little quick on the zig zag, but pretty doggone fluid otherwise. If anything, judging from their scale, I thought at times they might be running a little fast.

Since their is variable speed, based on weight, I wouldn't be surprised if the bots are set to run at the slowest possible speed since it's set to "Rookie" level.

Upvote 0
Since their is variable speed, based on weight, I wouldn't be surprised if the bots are set to run at the slowest possible speed since it's set to "Rookie" level.

Perhaps at the end, they were sprinting, and the bots in the earlier scenes were at the default jogging speed and therefore looking slo-mo?

~~~EDI: and 2nd video still broken 5:30am EST

Last edited:
Upvote 0
couple more observations:

• anyone notice the map prefixes? CD, TE etc...
  • also like what i'm assuming to be HUD on demand during the CD mode showing how many players are alive on each team
  • vid 2 @ 3:05......i think i spy an mg34 on a tripod
  • ticket counter for reinforcements as opposed to %
  • "danzig" is freekin long at 20 minutes
  • overhead map during "spawn" screen shows exact movement of friendlies

Last edited:
Upvote 0
A katyusha rocket could very, very easily kill any tank from 1942, not merely knock out it's track. The top armor on even the Tiger was thin enough for 20mm aircraft cannons to penetrate, so one of those huge rockets packed with high explosive plunging down on top of a PzIII or PIV would have no trouble turning the tank into bits of scrap littering the landscape.

Gotta correct myself, I don't think 20mm aircraft cannons could penetrate the top armor of a Tiger, but they could on just about any medium tank.

Depends which type of shell.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RS-82_rocket

A HE or Fragmentation shell probably couldn't take out a tank. The standard katyusha (132mm) only had 0,9kg of explosives, the 82mm variant only 0.36kg.

BUT they all could fire shaped charges, but seeing as the russians weren't exactly great with shaped charges I'd probably guess that their penetration wasn't above 100mm. I also din't think that the Russians used those in aerial bombardments, but on planes such as the IL2.

Overall I think that normal 105 or 150mm arty would have better chances at taking out Tanks, due to the greater payload, thicker walls and overall weight of the projectile.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
couple more observations:

• vid 2 @ 3:05......i think i spy an mg34 on a tripod

I think you are right
4279be2c8d347ffcebad39163487ffc3.jpg

Upvote 0
Music

Music

Please do something with this sad music in the vid. I hope It's not final. Yes war is hell, but when I play I'm not in a philosophic mood. Bad music can completely ruin the whole experience. It doesn't have to be oldish, tragic and slow. I remember a game Stalingrad which was a Blitzkrieg derivative RTS it had some elelectric gutar tone and surprisingly it wasn't out of place at all.

Ps: Please don't screw the t-34 engine sound. I wanna hear that v12 diesel roaring even though my simpathy is at axis.

Upvote 0
As has been stated, it is not "Danzig" anymore. It is a map about bombed out apartments in stalingrad.
Indeed... the term used was "re-imagined". It came out of one of those bizarre twists of fate where we spotted a section of the Traktorniy upper settlement on an aerial, that happened to be a mirror-image of the layout of the old Danzig. In even more bizarreness, the buildings weren't completely demolished in the war, were repaired and are still there today. Bit of a sorry state - but still there! So the architecture in game is pretty much bang on the real thing.

Upvote 0