• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Gamescon 2010 HEROES videos

can't comment on everything since i have to go to work....but for part 1 my observations

• i spy a revolver
  • "elite rifleman" in addition to rifleman and marskman
  • "elite assault" in addition to assault
  • "commisar"
  • "hero" difficulty level
  • bleeding out effects
  • limited number of bandages (2)
  • selectable respawns!!!!
  • respawn "list"
  • "menu" screen brought up after every death
  • danizg......but WOW, not quite danzig.....and notice Danzig remix? "ammo cache" building looks opened up

Upvote 0
the only thing that looked kinda out of place imo were the german sprint animations because they were moving too slow and as a result it looked a bit slow-motion, but maybe it#s just me(I mean that if you would run like that you would be faster)

Yeah, I noticed that too. Another thing I didn't like is the annoying "pick up mauser karabiner 98 k"... that looks too much MOH, I hope it can be changed in options to appear smaller. Besides that... i'm without words D:

:IS2:

Last edited:
Upvote 0
To be fair, I think the animations are one of the biggest improvements. Of course we've all expected them to be better, but it's very nice to see them in motion now (since 2009's GamesCom). I do agree that the sprinting animation needs to be faster. Other than that it looks great.

They even researched how the soldiers were trained to hold their weapons, gotta love TWI's attention to detail. :D

Danzig looks interesting. The layout still looks more or less the same so we'll probably find our way quickly but it looks like they've opened up the map more. Hopefully nade spam will no longer be a problem.

Grain Elevator... I like how the Germans spawn quite far away from the elevator itself.

Looks great TWI, keep it up.

Now the uploader needs to fix part 2, dammit.:p

Upvote 0
there is an icon for "enemy tank spotted" in map legend :IS2:

Worth some image tags Stormer, and thanks for pointing these out!

2nuhf7l.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: odin1899
Upvote 0
Personally, I hope the spawn selection will look more like Zet's idea:

Visually I envisioned the squad selection to look something like this (logically you wouldn't know where the enemy would exactly be coming from):
Guards-Goodwood-map.jpg

Where basically every arrow on the overhead map represents a squad that is fighting (the mapper would basically define the max amount of squads / minimal % player size per squad). Where in this situation a player could join a squad by clicking on an arrowhead that belongs to the advancement of a squad. So you instantly know what squad you're joining and where in the world that squad is fighting.

And my idea was that the squad leader could basically select out of a few possible paths/spawns made available by the mapper which path/spawn his squad will take.

Using the overhead map like this gives newer players an idea of how many different squads are fighting currently for his team and at what location. Together with instantly seeing where his own squad is being deployed. You could probably compare it to a quick mission briefing.

Upvote 0