• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Gamescon gossip.

The only thing i don't get about danzig is how can anyone one play the same map literally year in and year out... I think the 24/7s are one of the main reasons i dont play OF and have moved on to playing DH when I have a itch for some RO. They would be ok if there was a mix of servers but most of the time is danzig or a tanks only sever,

Doesn't matter , we love choice in the community.. as long as we have dediservers, mod tools and the ability to run the servers as we want anyone can find a server that suits their needs and standards.

Last thing we'd want is the developers to start forcing us down one narrow path, kinda like MW2 did with the Cod community.. a sad decision which Treyarch seems to correct tho. When you play MW2 as an old school PC player you feel trapped.. there is no such thing as choice.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
A few follow-up thoughts clarifications for you...

English-language journos scheduled to meet with the team at GC10:

Gamers Daily News
Game Informer
Future (for PC Gamer and other outlets)
RockPaperShotgun
Strategy Informer
Game Traillers

Obviously add on a slab of German, Polish, Czech, Russian etc...

152mm arty round vs. aerial bomb: a 152mm HE round carries around 45Kg of explosive. a 500Kg bomb carries, well, about 500Kg. That is a huge difference! 82mm mortar rounds carry about 3.5Kg of explosive...

Aerial recon in the game: is a means for the commander to get a snapshot of what is going on across the battlefield, get information, make choices on which to issue orders.

Upvote 0
A few follow-up thoughts clarifications for you...

English-language journos scheduled to meet with the team at GC10:

Gamers Daily News
Game Informer
Future (for PC Gamer and other outlets)
RockPaperShotgun
Strategy Informer
Game Traillers

Obviously add on a slab of German, Polish, Czech, Russian etc...

152mm arty round vs. aerial bomb: a 152mm HE round carries around 45Kg of explosive. a 500Kg bomb carries, well, about 500Kg. That is a huge difference! 82mm mortar rounds carry about 3.5Kg of explosive...

Aerial recon in the game: is a means for the commander to get a snapshot of what is going on across the battlefield, get information, make choices on which to issue orders.

Can't wait for the media, when do you expect it to be showing up?

I've been watching the GW2 live feed for and hour now.

[url]http://www.ustream.tv/channel/ncsoft-west[/URL]

I've been checking that one for 2 days, here is a thread that covers everything (or almost everything) shown so far:

http://www.guildwars2guru.com/forum/this-gamescom-compilation-information-streaming-t6651.html?

The position of the camera sucks :s

:IS2:

they change it for when the actual demo or conference starts

:IS2:

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Like Dragon Rising?

Don't mention DR or you will be turned into roadkill by an :IS2:.
At this point in the info-stream it's still hard to tell about this SiC-Disaster. As you noted, for arty aerial obs, the plane would need to loiter over a fairly large map area while calling in and directing artillery fire onto target. Whereas a photo-recon plane would just need a single overflight to fire off a reel of pictures to be processed (and later used for intel).

In that case, being sent a picture of the actual battlefield would be unrealistic. That would almost be like the UAV in CoD. Pictures take a while to be developed. So I don't think that feature will work like that.

Another possibility is that it simulates the pilot pointing out enemy positions or tanks through radio, and that the squad leader receives updates that way. So for example he might receive a message like "enemy tank east of the church". Or he sees it on the map.

Sounds like a challenge to implement that realistically. We'll see.

EDIT: Google News might be a good way to keep track of news:

http://www.google.com/#hl=en&safe=off&tbs=nws%3A1&q=gamescom+red+orchestra+tripwire&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&oq=&gs_rfai=&pbx=1&fp=9ec902d5f7743961

EDIT 2:

RockPaperShotgun news page
Strategy Informer news page
GameInformer news page
GamersDailyNews page
GameTrailers PC page

Let the refreshing begin :p

Last edited:
Upvote 0