• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Radar on RO HOS - Big Error of Tripware

You can't have everything you want, sadly the universe doesn't orbit around one mans head. Some things need to be sacrificed in order for gameplay, flow.. it's still gonna be very realistic.

It's not an army military training sim, it's still a game the last time i checked.

I never suggested I should get everything I wanted, nor did I suggest that the universe revolved around one mans head.

I haven't suggested RO2 is a military sim and have always held the belief that it is a game.

Did you reply to the right person?

Upvote 0
There's on thing that I am curious about the radar. Perhaps this is just me getting confoosled after playing so many hours of ARMA2ACE. Our group just added the 'shacktac hud' in arma which is basically a small radar and shows you only friendlies in a very close radius, this helps with situational awareness that players dont get from just a regular monitor. Isnt that almost exactly what the ROHOS radar will be, or will it also show enemies?

Upvote 0
There's on thing that I am curious about the radar. Perhaps this is just me getting confoosled after playing so many hours of ARMA2ACE. Our group just added the 'shacktac hud' in arma which is basically a small radar and shows you only friendlies in a very close radius, this helps with situational awareness that players dont get from just a regular monitor. Isnt that almost exactly what the ROHOS radar will be, or will it also show enemies?

Only friendlies.

Upvote 0
Actually, in combat a person experiences tunnel vision. All periphery sensing goes away for a person engaged.

This is why one is told to "keep their head on a swivel", and why each operator has a specific sector of resposibility.

Saying that a peripherla indicator is realistic because people have peripheral vision is not true to the combat experience.

A HUD indicator couldn't be more anti-WW2 experience. In combat, one will have a general idea of where their friends are, and the second most important rule is don't shoot your friends. With a HUD showing where your friends are, the fog of war is removed, to the detriment of the overall experience.

More time should have been spent on original depictions of men in combat instead of handing out tired and un-original crutches.

Props to the OP. Not enough people are standing up and saying "This isn't RO, this isn't true to the WW2 experience".

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Then you won't see much complaints from me. I find clutter distracting and would rather use sound/sight to identify who is who. If it puts me at a disavantage, then so be it!;)

I like sort of how RnL did it: Tab key that brought up what your avatar had in terms of ammo and equipment. Instead of knowing how many nades I had left with some stupid indicator on the screen, I could tab key to see a virtual pistol belt that showed me what I had.

Upvote 0