• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

What will we see from RO:HoS at GamesCom 2009?

I wonder will we able to unfold the stock on the MP40? I don't think many soldiers used it without the stock.

It believe it can be folded and unfolded. In the video the stock is folded and I doubt that they would just give one option. Freedom of choise is the catch, I hope.

I believe that they now planned to do it like for example community asked. When folded, there

Last edited:
Upvote 0
**** the haters Tripwire, I thought everything looked kickass.

I have way more faith in you than either dev team, and so should the rest of you assholes.

Don't forget they started as an independent mod team!

They're probably going to hold back on information now like they had been.

People saying graphics suck? Are you out of your mind? They're gritty as hell!

As for the running, I think it looks fine. People move pretty quickly when getting shot at. I think you guys are basing your ideas largely on this strange "video game realism" which in fact is not realistic.

The blind firing and mantling also look VERY well done

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Wow, I like blind fire mode and the MP-40 looks lovely. There should be also an option to remove those green nametags above the heads of friendly soldiers, just for sake of realism.

Those videos were taken in the Relaxed Realism Mode. And on Easy just for the sake of getting through it. Full Realism mode will not have those name tags

Upvote 0
All i can say is are there any system requirements out because I need to go out and buy some things to run this game for sure.

requirements for UT3 which uses the same engine so should be similar:

Microsoft Windows
* XP/Vista
* 2.0 GHz single core CPU (2.4 GHz dual core CPU or faster recommended)
* 512 MB RAM (1.0 GB RAM or greater recommended)
* 8.0 GB hard disk drive space
* NVIDIA 6200 or ATI 9600 video card (NVIDIA 7800GTX or ATI X1300 or faster recommended)
* DirectX 9.0c compliant sound card
* Internet (TCP/IP) and LAN (TCP/IP) play supported.

you should have a couple months to find some good deals for upgrading.....i know i will be buying some new stuff too as it gets closer to release date

Upvote 0
also noticed that.....another thing,

PLAYER -> PLAYER (ASSIST) assists huh....interesting

actually it was a TK lol.....he was messing with the fire and wounded a team mate, then one of his AI teammates finished him off. :D
Well, we always hated it when we put 3 rounds from an MP40 into an enemy and then someone else gets the points for killing him with a toe-shot :) Scoring has taken a lot of changes...

Upvote 0
Well, we always hated it when we put 3 rounds from an MP40 into an enemy and then someone else gets the points for killing him with a toe-shot :) Scoring has taken a lot of changes...

I just noticed that it tells the range next to the kill message in the upper right.

Wow great new info. The range on the kill messages is a fantastic feature.

Upvote 0
there is so many suggestions flying round that i will need every button on my kb just to set my gun up, get into cap and maybe (if i find the right button) throw one of my many nades/shaped charges/molotovs/tank guns/rifle nades/throwing daggers/cat . . . .

Im glad twi are not idiots. ;)

Can I have draw my pistol with my left hand while holding my MP40 with my right hand, collapse the stock with my toes on my MP40 and reload my MP40 with my teeth?

Upvote 0
requirements for UT3 which uses the same engine so should be similar:

Microsoft Windows
* XP/Vista
* 2.0 GHz single core CPU (2.4 GHz dual core CPU or faster recommended)
* 512 MB RAM (1.0 GB RAM or greater recommended)
* 8.0 GB hard disk drive space
* NVIDIA 6200 or ATI 9600 video card (NVIDIA 7800GTX or ATI X1300 or faster recommended)
* DirectX 9.0c compliant sound card
* Internet (TCP/IP) and LAN (TCP/IP) play supported.

you should have a couple months to find some good deals for upgrading.....i know i will be buying some new stuff too as it gets closer to release date

Great thanks for the info i already meet the minimum but, obviously i want the maximum so i need to invest in a dual core pc:p

Upvote 0