• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

What will we see from RO:HoS at GamesCom 2009?

nobody has the right to claim what a true RO player is. with the same logic I can say scoreboard is a part of RO and has always been, therefore anyone who doesn't like it is not a true RO player as he does not accept an existing part of the game

this is one of the best quotes i've seen in a while. ;)

btw, i laughed at the MR. May 2009 :D

maybe he's been playing forever, but could never find the forums until just now!! :eek: :D

Upvote 0
System req's won't necessairly be similar. For example:

As you see, both games are using the "same" Unreal engine. Or to be more precise, RO is using a heavily modified UE 2.5 engine, just like RO:HOS using a heavily modified UE 3 engine. I expect a bit higher system req's, than UT 3 has.​

Or, the req's may be less given there may be optimizations made to the engine since UT3, or optimizations made by TWI in HOS itself. You never know ;)

Upvote 0
I think that HoS maps will be bigger than UT3s. Especially with open and detailed buildings. So this will use up more resources.

And I am sure most of the weapons will have bullet drop ect., so there will probably be more calculations than UT3.

So overall, I think it will run worse. But If you get 50 frame rates in UT3, I think you'll get 35 or so in HoS. Which is not bad.

My GTX 260 can get 40-50 frame rates in UT3 depending on the map/amount of players, and it is only worth $120. By the time HoS is out, you can easily get a video card for $120 that will max HoS out.

Assuming I am generalizing the performance of HoS right. For all I know I could be completely wrong.

Upvote 0
Anything can happen.

Tbh personally i wouldnt try running roost with anything less than a 3 ghz pentium IV or a 2.5 ghz Amd athlon xp. Or a 1.6 core 2 duo and up. As those processors cannot even obtain a constant 30 fps in 32 player servers while being more than double the ut2k4 specs :X

Heck the first processor where i got maxed out 90fps with ro, was this i7 920 my athlon 64 3700+ could often get super low 30 dips. (and no my vidcard wasnt a bottleneck).

But say arma2 runs better than arma1 because of the multicore support, its a tricky game and can go either way. So far i believe yoshiro said on the redorchestra irc channel that the alpha runs suprisingly well.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
oldcomputer.jpg

this is all i've got and i don't want to upgrade.....please make it so i can play!!! :D

Upvote 0
right... then teach us, Mr.May 2009

Tonky has being playing RO a long time, is currently the leader of his country in the Nations cup and is part of the most sucessful team in RO at present. This year along side me he has won ROLadder, Spring cup, ROLeague and RedTide.

He didnt register on this site till May so he isnt as good a player or have an understanding of the game as say a Mr November 05, the above is all pure luck.

He also drove 15 hours to give me beer so i love him for that :p:D

Also, bswearers pc is all leet n shizzle although Im more of an RO for the amstrad fan. :D:D

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Tonky has being playing RO a long time, is currently the leader of his country in the Nations cup and is part of the most sucessful team in RO at present. This year along side me he has won ROLadder, Spring cup, ROLeague and RedTide.

He didnt register on this site till May so he isnt as good a player or have an understanding of the game as say a Mr November 05, the above is all pure luck.

He also drove 15 hours to give me beer so i love him for that :p:D

Also, bswearers pc is all leet n shizzle although Im more of an RO for the amstrad fan. :D:D

See, forum join dates are important, nothing but a lucky nub :D

Seriously though, Tankista is a very good player and I have been seeing him around on servers since the very early days of the beta if my memory isn't failing me again.

Last edited:
Upvote 0