• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

What will we see from RO:HoS at GamesCom 2009?

Almost everything is still a WiP. Some things are more final then others, but the point of an alpha means things are subject to change. One thing that makes ROHOS alpha look better is that alot of content from the original RO has been used as a placeholder. If I remember correctly the first content in terms of models in game were ported RO:Ost player models and weapons. This allowed the code team to work with some visuals rather then abstract place holders.

Once you hit beta stage, that is when you are "feature complete" for the most part and are just working on fixes and balance and trying to fill gaps you might feel have come up in systems or gameplay.

Upvote 0
I think the graphics turned out better than how they look in the screen shots.

The only big thing that really bugs me is how it kinda seems it zooms in a little when you sprint. It looks very weird. I also didn't like the slight zoom in iron sights.

I also hope the HUD indicator thing can be turned off by the server.

Also:

That lockdown feature I think is a mistake, especially for clan matches.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
when rewatching the vid, the zoom does seem extreme. won't that mean that as soon as you expose yourself, you will get sniped instantly by people who seem so far away that you can hardly see them when not zooming at them. does it really need to be made more easy to shoot people, than how it currently is in RO?

in reality is, so why not?

Upvote 0
Sure you can run faster but I still believe the weapon movement in 1st person is a bit too fast.

He's got a point there. One complaint I've had is the ability to whip your weapon around as fast as your mouse - I would think the weight of an MG-34 would slow that down a bit. I wouldn't mind either slowing down the max turn radius per second, or implement "catch-up" for your weapon after your eyes/head snap into place. I wouldn't be surprised if that's already in the pipeline (since as lot of other weapon immersion stuff is in).

Otherwise, looks great, and I think the compromises for better Situational Awareness are necessary and will lead to better gameplay. I also love the fact that the hardcore types can play on stock "realism" servers

Can't wait to see the vehicle stuff!

Congrats TW

Upvote 0
I myself prefer a static FOV, as i can live more easily with off distances than with nausea inducing FOV changes. :)

How about this for nausea inducing, when you go to IS, most of the view zooms into a realistic scaling in sort of a bubble in the middle. While the outside view darkens a bit (like a vignette), but compresses the rest of your perepheral view into that small space. That way you can still sense movement.

Sure it'll look alien and probably ugly, but it's one way of dealing with perepheral vision while keepin a realistic view scale.

Upvote 0