• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

The RO:HoS Fact Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
To be honest, I'm not sure the name has changed. I think 1c has put that there, not sure if Tripwire has changed it (looking into it).

1C must have listened to people posting about the 2 a while ago when the title was officially announced.....i for one like the 2 in there. makes a sequel sound more like a sequel. better ring to it.

Upvote 0
From http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showpost.php?p=482085&postcount=228

Another thing to point out, is that the game will have different stock server setups, which will be "relaxed realism" and "realistic". Relaxed realism will be what you have seen in these videos, and will include all of the new interface helpers that we have added to the game. With that said, "relaxed realism" will still be 10X more hardcore and realistic than COD or Battlefield (its actually much more hardcore than COD's "hardcore" mode). "Realistic" will be for the more hardcore players, and will have some of the new interface helps, etc disabled. Beyond this, server admins will be able to set up a custom configuration that picks and chooses which features to have.

Add that :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Wow! Thank you for the post and the compilation.

I'm excited about so many of these features, not the least of which is weapon collision as I've recently come to the conclusion that people are using a clipping exploit with the sniper rifles to conceal themselves a bit more than is realistically possible in Ost Front.

The adjustable zooming feature will make FoV not an issue and it will make long range firefights far easier for us lowly ironsight troops.

Bullet penetration is a dream come true. No more hiding behind 1 inch thick wooden planks while 8mm MG42 machinegun fire rips away at it.

Not to mention something I just learned with your post, which is that this will be running Unreal Engine 3.5, which is good news indeed. I'm glad that Epic Games is good enough not only to allow Tripwire to use Unreal Engine 3, but the latest version of it as well.

I've been sitting here complaining but this sequel looks like it could easily make Heroes of Stalingrad the best FPS on the market and fix every semi-niggling issue I have with Ost Front. I'm drooling looking at the features list.

By the way, I think this is a better video of UE3.5, displaying the feature set:

YouTube - Gears OF War 2 GDC 08 Trailer Unreal Engine 3.5

At 3:15 we can possibly see the reason that bullet penetration has been included in RO2....UE3.5 includes realtime terrain deformation! Potentially this could be extended to tank shells deforming the environment....explosives as well? It's probably dependent in some way on what is intended to be destructible, but this could open up all new pathways, seeing as the technology is there.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Updated the post with:

- Deathmessages: Deathmessages show the distance of the kill (Source: Gamecom '09 Presentation)
- Tactical View: This get's activated by holding a key and shows you in 1st person where the objectives are and what the status of them is (Source: Gamecom '09 Presentation)

Also, the post has gotten an overhaul!

Edit:

- Weight System: You can carry a certain ammount of weight, and the more weight the slower you will move.

Ramm's answer to my question:
2:16 - [TW]Ramm-Jaeger: Yes, the icon indicates how much weight you are carrying
2:17 - [TW]Ramm-Jaeger: Which affects your movement speed
2:17 - [TW]Ramm-Jaeger: In original RO you could only carry 1 main weapon
2:17 - [TW]Ramm-Jaeger: In ROHOS you can carry as much weight as you could really carry
2:17 - [TW]Ramm-Jaeger: So in most instances thats 2 main weapons
2:17 - [TW]Ramm-Jaeger: It just makes you really slow if you get too much stuff

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.