• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

RO2 Did TW try to make RO2 too balanced?

Kosher_Nuke

Aug 16, 2011
While RO2 is a great game it's missing some of the charm of the original RO. For me the slight game unbalance the original RO had gave the game a lot of character.

For example the Allies had the advantage in close combat with the PPSh but the Axis had the advantage at long range with the machine guns. RO2 tried to eliminate some of that by making the drum mag an unlock. Introducing other weapons like the MkB and AVT to try to re-balance the game and make it roughly even.

It's the same with the tank battles. Tanks had big advantages and disadvantages and it was fun trying to use their strengths while minimizing the weaknesses.

You could even argue that trying to balance the game made it even more unbalanced. For example the AVT does not balance the MkB. Since the PPSh does not have the drum mag to start with, you get MkB-wielding SWAT guys dominating the game.

For me I liked the weapon balance in the original RO much better.