• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Ro2/RS is dead in the water?

:)

I think the consensus is the H o W project will eventually have that theatre covered. It's just a matter of the developers researching and expanding the maps. Most of the tools for what you might expect for Western front action are there and improving. For Tripwire to have done it at this point would have been redundant. With regard to Berlin maps, I think you'll get your wish over time.

Upvote 0
With the announcement of Rising Storm 2 it seems to be that way at least with AMG focusing on that and TW working on KF2.

It's a shame as I was hoping for some kind of Berlin expansion/update to see the game off.
They just need more resources. With RS and RO2 they don't make as much money as with KF because KF has larger community, and DLCs which make revenue. RO2 and RS on another hand don't have that, so they need to come up with something new to sell.

Upvote 0
We aren't done with RO 2/RS just yet. But RS2: Vietnam has been an evolving project that started as one thing, and has ended up someplace different at someplace else.

Thats really great to hear :) I have been worried that you guys were totally done with RO2/RS as we hadnt heard anything in a long time.

I hope you read this: If you guys made a small expansion pack/DLC for RS/RO2 all of your fans and the veterans would buy it to support you guys and then you could use those extra resources to continue to work on the games some more? :)

Im very excited for RS 2. But I still want to keep playing RS/RO2 and the games could still use some more work, mainly bug fixing.

Yoshiro, if you do see this and have a minute to reply Id appreciate it!! One question if you do: is RS 2 a whole new game being developed on your modified unreal engine 3 like KF 2 is? I really hope so!

Upvote 0
We aren't done with RO 2/RS just yet. But RS2: Vietnam has been an evolving project that started as one thing, and has ended up someplace different at someplace else.

Well, I do hope that we are gonna see an expansion into the later years of the war and see some new tanks and weapons. I'd definitely pay for a larger Red Orchestra 2 DLC :D No matter what the price :D

Upvote 0