• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

New "vaping" trend?

Status
Not open for further replies.

chuy

Grizzled Veteran
Apr 14, 2012
Jalisco, Guadalajara, M
Now that I entered college, I see a ton more people doing it. Why? Ive never or ever will do that ridiculous thing. I thought these e cigs were for people who wanted to quit, but the people absolutely took it the wrong way. They think it is for people that dont smoke for a "healthier" alternative. THEY ARE EVERYWHERE. Everywhere I go on campus there is people with e cigs like halls, restaurants, bus stops etc. The excuse they come up is that its "healthier" than normal cigarettes. Well yes, but inhaling no chemicals is ALWAYS better than inhaling "healthier chemicals". Society is definitely going downhill IMO.

[facepalm]I have to say, I met some people who both smoke and 'vape'. Using the vapouriser when they are somewhere that does not allow 'normal' smoking.[/facepalm]

I suppose I have to bear in mind that these people are chemically addicted to a very, very toxic and addictive chemical, so I can't be too hard on them.

Yea but the new people who are "vaping" are people who didnt smoke in the first place:eek: With nicotine, they will, no doubtly, get addicted or even may escalate to a cigarette.

Upvote 0
At work last week I had to go see the purchasing agent to order a PC. He was sitting in his office puffing away on one of those vapor cigs. I just kinda giggled at how ridiculous it was to be doing this in his office. It kinda reminded me of being a kid in the 80's and going shopping with my father. He smoked everywhere we went including inside the stores lol.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
My friend had a relative who was a chronic smoker until he was introduced to the electronic cigarettes. Within a few weeks he said he could taste food again and felt healthier. Now he is an "Enthusiast" with multiple types of e-cig and different flavors. Sure it probably isn't "healthy"(Idk what they put in the liquid) but it must be healthier than putting tar and all that other crap into you. Not to mention it doesn't stink up your cloths/environment. I think its a step in the right direction from cigarettes but its another one of those things that could be "abused". Tool help you quit smoking or a new tobacco industry/addiction? Depends on the person doing them.

Upvote 0
Smoking is REAL bad for you DUH. Nicotine as a drug is quite interesting. When you remove the burning crap and huffing that it quite a bit less harmful. It was always the inhaling burning smoke/chemicals that was the issue. Not so much the nicotine. Nicotine WILL raise your blood pressure and is one of the MOST addictive things ever. But by itself it ain't that bad.

The "positive" side of nicotine...

It is a mental stimulant. Various bizarre study's have shown that memory retention MIGHT be better. There is also a strange arse study that suggests it may help prevent Alzheimer's. Like caffeine will keep you awake.

SO vaping........ For a smoker is probably 90 percent better for you than smoking a burning flaming tobacco, paper, chemical concoction. It still can have issues with raised blood pressures. this can be quite bad depending on the Individuals state of health. Like in the ball park of Don't drink 3 pots of coffee a day. But is SO massively BETTER for you than a cig it is not even funny.

I have known in my past a lot of study smokers in college.. Which is freaken weird. So I do not find it odd that vapping in colleges would happen. You will still get addicted most likely to nicotine, BUT at least it is not as bad as an actual smoke. Of course there are NON nicotine sorts as well. These actually are pretty nice. You know cherry flavored whatever. Like a hooka but without the BAD.

When I was in the Army and went crazy with smoking when in Iraq I got hooked bad to the evil nicotine. But since I switched over to vaping which is certainly a hell of a lot better. And I can feel it. No way in hell I would go back to smoking real smokes. Last time I tried I wanted to puke. Thank gawd! I keep buying less mg of nicotine US made smoke juice. Nothing real bad IN it. Well nicotine... and sugar. But it is NOT a quit your nico fit thing. If you have the will power you might be able to limit your nicotine. Maybe make quitting easier. best to NOT play the nico fiend game. Quitting is hard as HELL.

Upvote 0
What's a matter baby?
One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us.
I thought you were cool, man.
One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us.
Don't you want to hang with us?

Upvote 0
As a smoker myself I had 2 pneomonias in the past year and now slight emphesyma due to a certain trauma I had a few years ago that causes me to smoke almost 2 packs a day.

The e cigs are a deception, 60 years ago people though tobacco was harmless too just like they think e cigs are, but once the studies are done we will see how healthy they are....

Upvote 0
I don't think i'll ever manage give up smoking, so i'm happier to have used e-cigs for the last couple of years instead.

But it is a trap cos you tend to increase your nicotine intake, and have less incentive to quit the e-cigs than real cigarettes.
I'd probably find it even harder to quit them than i did the real ones.

Anyone who starts smoking them who isn't already addicted to nicotine (presumibly to join the trend) is an total idiot - I don't know anyone who's done this but i wouldn't be surprised if it occurs at universities.

Upvote 0
I really like them... but I see the actual issue.

In my case it's a good thing, but the best is to just man up and quit cold turkey.

I quit smoking after 10 years, for 3 and a half years, and restarted a month ago. Being newly single after 5 and a half years, enjoying drinks, starting to be a "Social Smoker"... then you are f***ed all over again.

Anyways, ever since I got one of those things, I can directly get rid of the, emm I think I will buy a pack now... for whatever bad reason I convince myself of.

I don't think there will be much an issue quitting the Vape thingy.

Upvote 0
Actually I changed my mind about e cigs, I just started smoking them about a week ago and I must say they are indeed much better and "healthier" then regular tobacco which is full of poison and even more addictive chemicals then just nicotine, to name one for example are anti depressants such as MAO inhibitors.

Those of you claiming about harmfull chemicals in e cigs seems to be misinformed, right now im looking at the ingredients on my pack and all it says is: Distilled Water, Nicotine, Vegetable Glycerin (which is one of the few brands that use this and is a much healthier alternative then other types of glycerin), Natural flavors, Artificial Flavors, Citric Acid.

Now if we compare this to what normal tobacco has which Im not even going to begin to mention I think its a no brainer. I can tell you this, if I smoke a regular "analog" cigarrete I get nauseus and sick. With these e cigs its great. And its not even smoke, its really a vapor containing the chemicals I mentioned. And I notice my body is reacting much better. I have better endurance when something physical is done, my lungs don't hurt and wheeze. All in all I am more then impressed with e cigs. I don't know if you have this brand in Europe but Im using the most popular brand in the US called Blu, they don't have a very good rap with their regular kits due to low battery life. But if you buy their premium 100 kit online its much better. And the flavor cartrideges are better to buy online they are fresher, a lot of complaints I read are from people buying them at retail stores where they are stale.

Upvote 0
Beat me to it! :p

I used to smoke a lot of pot, only do it once in a blue moon now, and Im looking for work anyways and in fascist America they test your urine for drugs unlike you lucky euros that don't have that problem.

Anyways, concerning the vaping of pot im still undecided, the old school hippys I talked too said it sucked and is nothing like real pot smoke. A friend of mine on the other hand told me he was skeptical at first and tried it and said he took 5 hits and said this sucks it does nothing but 5 min later was stoned as hell. Personally I don't know, the good vaporizers cost 200 $. But considering I vape e cigs now with nicotine now I might consider doing it with pot too since my lungs are not in the same condition they were 10 years ago, we will see. But Im still weary, the hippys says true pot smoke taste much better then vaping. Ill have to test a vape first with a friend and then decide.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.