Announcement

Collapse
1 of 3 < >

Upcoming Forum Overhaul

We are starting the work to switch our forums, which have been based on a version of the Vbulletin forum software since their inception with the Red Orchestra mod (then VB 3 and currently VB 5.1) to an all new forum software called Xenforo. After researching it, we feel Xenforo is a better choice for the future as it has a vibrant modding and addon community that will allow us to extend the functions of these forums in ways players will enjoy.

As part of this, at some point in the near future these forums will be locked down so we cant merge over all of the existing content into the new forum database. It will likely then be a few more days as we work on the new forum and correct any issues from the merge.
2 of 3 < >

Privay Policy Update

We’ve updated the Tripwire Privacy Notice under our Policies to be clearer about our use of customer information to come in line with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) rules that come into force today (25th May 2018). The following are highlights of our changes:

We’ve incorporated the relevant concepts from the GDPR including joining the EU and Swiss Privacy Shield framework. We’ve added explanations for why and how Tripwire processes customer data and the types of data that we process, as well as information about your data protection rights.

For more information about our privacy practices, please review the new Privacy Policy found here: http://tripwireinteractive.com/policies/privacy-notice
3 of 3 < >

Forum Rules

CHANGES
  • Items changed, or highlighted for future attention, on 20 July 2013 are highlighted in yellow.

Global Rules
  • Forum moderators may or may not be Tripwire Interactive staff members, but either way, please respect them, as they are the authority of the forums. Speaking to them with intentional spite will not be tolerated and may result in the loss of your forum privileges.
  • Any decisions made by any member of staff or moderator are final and not subject to discussion. Doing so may result in a ban from the site. The owners of Tripwire Interactive Forums reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any thread for any reason, as well as to remove access to the forums for any individuals with or without warning for breaches of the rules.
  • If you have a complaint regarding another user, PM the appropriate moderators, or if you have an administrative issue, [RO]schneidzekk.

General Behaviour
  • Use the search function before posting. Chances are your question has already been answered.
  • Use a title that describes the content of your post. Don't use all caps or special characters to draw attention either in the title or the body of the post.
  • Up to 10 emoticons are allowed in a post
  • Political discussions are prohibited.
  • Flaming - We do not tolerate abusive, malicious, personal attacks. You will be banned if you persist in this behavior.
  • Trolls - Anyone deliberately antagonizing other forum users by posting 'flame bait' type messages is not welcome. You will be banned (possibly without warning depending on the severity of the issue) if you persist in this behavior.
  • Personal insults (directed at anyone) will result in a ban. If the behavior is not corrected, it will be made more permanent.
  • Constructive criticism is welcome. However keep in mind we (and other forums goers) may not agree with you. If you can't keep the conversation civil, you will be removed from the forums.
  • The use of hyperbole, one liners, and images as part of a forum debate is likely to get you infracted. You have many ways to participate and be a constructive part of this community, even when you disagree.
  • To make the highlighted bits above 100% clear to everyone, the following WILL NOT BE TOLERATED:
    1. Personal attacks, insults, antagonism of any forum-goers, moderators or Tripwire Interactive staff.
    2. Name Shaming and Public "Witch Hunts" are also not allowed.
    3. Breaches of confidentiality and privacy of any sort.
    4. Any form of racism, bigotry or attacks on race, creed or color.
    5. Linking to posts on other forums related to ANY of the above, whether you are the originator or not, without exception.[/COLOR]
  • There has been too much in the way of abhorrent personal behaviors in the past. These will cease. It doesn't matter who started it or who reacted to it - it will all result in moderator action. If you have to indulge your hatreds, for whatever reason, go do it elsewhere - and do not try and drag our forum-goers over to enjoy your hatreds.
  • We understand that people have strong feelings about our games, what we do for a living and how we respond (or don't) to comments on the forums. We all aren't going to agree about everything. So, BE CIVIL in your disagreements!

DO NOTs
  • DO NOT Transmit any message, information, data, text, software or graphic files, or other materials ("Content") that is unlawful (including illegal drug usage), harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, libelous, hateful or racially, ethnically, sexually or otherwise objectionable. This includes publicizing private information, such as individual's real names, IP addresses and anything else that might be used to identify them to the freakier members of the internet. This also means you may NOT publically share private communications (PM, email or anything else) without the original poster's permission.
  • DO NOT Post or transmit any Content that contains a virus, Trojan horse or other mischievous Content.
  • DO NOT Post or transmit any unsolicited advertising, promotional materials, "junk mail", "spam", "chain letters", "pyramid schemes" or any other form of solicitation.
  • DO NOT link to posts on any other forums, or any other form of media, that breaches our rules. It will be treated just the same as if you had posted it here.
  • DO NOT Double Post, cross Post, "necro post" or restart closed threads.
  • DO NOT Intentionally or unintentionally violate any applicable local, state, national or international law, rule or regulation.
  • DO NOT Upload or transmit any Content that infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary rights ("Rights") of any party.
  • DO NOT post cheats or exploits; THIS INCLUDES ALL/ANY REFERENCES TO HACKING, PIRATED SOFTWARE etc.
  • DO NOT complain about being banned from a server and DO NOT complain about other players on servers - that is between you and the admin, no need to get the community involved.

Username, Avatar and Signature Rules
  • Multiple registrations result in a ban.
  • No offensive user names
  • All signatures should not exceed the following size limits, you can have both text and images
  • - For text signatures: 4 lines normal size, 8 lines small size and up to 100 chars per line. Font sizes above 2 are not allowed. (Blank lines count as lines.)
  • - For images in signatures: 1 image up to 400 pixels wide, 150 pixels tall and 100kb in size plus 2 lines normal size text and up to 100 chars per line
Netiquette: Written text has no inflection, and, as such, you should be careful how you write your messages as interpretation will vary from person to person. Please take advantage of the built-in emoticons to add such expression to your words. Please remember the golden rule: to treat other forum users the way you would like to be treated. Please use common courtesy, and enjoy using Red Orchestra's forums
[COLOR=darkred]Offensive material
The following is a list of some things that MAY be considered "offensive" by the moderators and the team. This is NOT an exclusive list and it does depend very much on context.

Crossing the line into "offensive" territory is likely to get you asked to change your name, sig or avatar or to withdraw/delete posts. This will be done politely by the moderators. If you refuse to comply further action WILL be taken once started, ultimately leading to banning from the forums.

A key point: please attempt to use your brains. What is mild humour to you may well be deeply offensive to others. While we have no intention of acting as politically-correct "thought police", we are on the lookout for those things that can cause offense and, in some cases, are actually still illegal in some jurisdictions.
  1. Names recalling notorious war criminals or personalities.
  2. Names recalling atrocities and war crimes in general, or units with particularly odious histories.
  3. Use of obscenities and expletives.
  4. Blatant racism, mysogynism or many other "ism"s.
  5. Use of symbolism and regalia recalling Nazism or Fascism; this does not include pics of soldiers who happen to have such symbols on their uniform, unless we feel this has been done to provoke. Please note that many Nazi symbols (including the Swastika) are still illegal in Germany and other countries and considered deeply offensive by many Europeans.
  6. Use of symbolism and regalia recalling Stalinism.
  7. On both the previous two, the moderators' views on the intention and impact of use of such symbols will be final - not yours. Please be understanding if you are advised to change something.
  8. In general, if a sig/avatar represents your allegiances in-game and is clearly "in part", it is likely to be fine; if the moderators feel you are trying to demonstrate unpalatable political allegiances, or to use it in an attempt to ridicule or provoke others you WILL be asked to change it. RO is NOT the place to make any extremist political statements of any kind.

Examples:
So people get the idea, some examples that would be considered offensive, numbered as above:
  1. "Hitler", "Beria"
  2. "NKVD Blocking Detachment", "Einsatzgruppen"
  3. This one should be pretty obvious...
  4. So should this - and it includes calling all Germans "Nazis" and all Soviets/Russians "Commies". It got boring 50 years ago, so stop it.
  5. Use of swastikas, fasces, SS-runes and so on for the Axis.
  6. There is actually very little overt symbolism from the Stalinist era; the hammer-and-sickle isn't offensive per se.

A simple rule-of-thumb: many Europeans find Nazi symbolism of any sort offensive; many Americans still find Soviet symbolism offensive. Engage your brain before using.

Final Note: this is NOT open to debate, so please do NOT start whining and moaning if a moderator asks you to change something. They will advise at first, giving reasons, then, if you take no notice, they will step up the pressure through to banning.
See more
See less

New "vaping" trend?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New "vaping" trend?

Now that I entered college, I see a ton more people doing it. Why? Ive never or ever will do that ridiculous thing. I thought these e cigs were for people who wanted to quit, but the people absolutely took it the wrong way. They think it is for people that dont smoke for a "healthier" alternative. THEY ARE EVERYWHERE. Everywhere I go on campus there is people with e cigs like halls, restaurants, bus stops etc. The excuse they come up is that its "healthier" than normal cigarettes. Well yes, but inhaling no chemicals is ALWAYS better than inhaling "healthier chemicals". Society is definitely going downhill IMO.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

[facepalm]I have to say, I met some people who both smoke and 'vape'. Using the vapouriser when they are somewhere that does not allow 'normal' smoking.[/facepalm]

I suppose I have to bear in mind that these people are chemically addicted to a very, very toxic and addictive chemical, so I can't be too hard on them.

Comment

Vaping cannabis is awesome because it pretty much doubles your supply. Vape it, then either eat it or smoke it.
      [URL="http://www.flickr.com/photos/fnscar"][IMG]http://i.imgur.com/IIfNsH3.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

Comment

Originally posted by Nestor Makhno View Post
        [facepalm]I have to say, I met some people who both smoke and 'vape'. Using the vapouriser when they are somewhere that does not allow 'normal' smoking.[/facepalm]

I suppose I have to bear in mind that these people are chemically addicted to a very, very toxic and addictive chemical, so I can't be too hard on them.
        Yea but the new people who are "vaping" are people who didnt smoke in the first place With nicotine, they will, no doubtly, get addicted or even may escalate to a cigarette.
        [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

Here in Poland it's definitely a big trend among our chav equivalents, albeit a lotta trendy female Uni students do it as well. What gets me in a pickle, however, is doing it in public transport. Can't quite put my finger on that now.
          [right]Nie st

Comment

At work last week I had to go see the purchasing agent to order a PC. He was sitting in his office puffing away on one of those vapor cigs. I just kinda giggled at how ridiculous it was to be doing this in his office. It kinda reminded me of being a kid in the 80's and going shopping with my father. He smoked everywhere we went including inside the stores lol.
            Last edited by Fishsticks; 10-01-2013, 09:58 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by AsoBit View Post
              Vaping cannabis is awesome because it pretty much doubles your supply. Vape it, then either eat it or smoke it.
              This guy. I like this guy.

Sigpic made in Paint.NET, you can't have one... yet
              Workshop | Youtube

Comment

My friend had a relative who was a chronic smoker until he was introduced to the electronic cigarettes. Within a few weeks he said he could taste food again and felt healthier. Now he is an "Enthusiast" with multiple types of e-cig and different flavors. Sure it probably isn't "healthy"(Idk what they put in the liquid) but it must be healthier than putting tar and all that other crap into you. Not to mention it doesn't stink up your cloths/environment. I think its a step in the right direction from cigarettes but its another one of those things that could be "abused". Tool help you quit smoking or a new tobacco industry/addiction? Depends on the person doing them.

Greater Good Games
                KillingFloorServer: 204.145.81.18:7707

Comment

Smoking is REAL bad for you DUH. Nicotine as a drug is quite interesting. When you remove the burning crap and huffing that it quite a bit less harmful. It was always the inhaling burning smoke/chemicals that was the issue. Not so much the nicotine. Nicotine WILL raise your blood pressure and is one of the MOST addictive things ever. But by itself it ain't that bad.

The "positive" side of nicotine...

It is a mental stimulant. Various bizarre study's have shown that memory retention MIGHT be better. There is also a strange arse study that suggests it may help prevent Alzheimer's. Like caffeine will keep you awake.

SO vaping........ For a smoker is probably 90 percent better for you than smoking a burning flaming tobacco, paper, chemical concoction. It still can have issues with raised blood pressures. this can be quite bad depending on the Individuals state of health. Like in the ball park of Don't drink 3 pots of coffee a day. But is SO massively BETTER for you than a cig it is not even funny.

I have known in my past a lot of study smokers in college.. Which is freaken weird. So I do not find it odd that vapping in colleges would happen. You will still get addicted most likely to nicotine, BUT at least it is not as bad as an actual smoke. Of course there are NON nicotine sorts as well. These actually are pretty nice. You know cherry flavored whatever. Like a hooka but without the BAD.

When I was in the Army and went crazy with smoking when in Iraq I got hooked bad to the evil nicotine. But since I switched over to vaping which is certainly a hell of a lot better. And I can feel it. No way in hell I would go back to smoking real smokes. Last time I tried I wanted to puke. Thank gawd! I keep buying less mg of nicotine US made smoke juice. Nothing real bad IN it. Well nicotine... and sugar. But it is NOT a quit your nico fit thing. If you have the will power you might be able to limit your nicotine. Maybe make quitting easier. best to NOT play the nico fiend game. Quitting is hard as HELL.
                  Mr. Fanatical Pants:eek:

Comment

What's a matter baby?
                    One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us.
                    I thought you were cool, man.
                    One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us.
                    Don't you want to hang with us?

Comment

As a smoker myself I had 2 pneomonias in the past year and now slight emphesyma due to a certain trauma I had a few years ago that causes me to smoke almost 2 packs a day.

The e cigs are a deception, 60 years ago people though tobacco was harmless too just like they think e cigs are, but once the studies are done we will see how healthy they are....

Comment

Smoking of all kinds is bad, and you should feel bad. Stop before you get health problems. Addiction is not an excuse to ruin your health.
                        Last edited by Rak; 05-13-2014, 04:05 AM.

RO Bitter-Veteran. Creator of RO-Kryukovo.
                        I support the "RO Devs Classic" mode!11

Comment

Vaping is technically not smoking, though I'm sure it will probably still have negative effects, especially depending on the initial substance but I wouldn't be hasty to throw them in the same boat.
                          Last edited by nd2spd; 05-14-2014, 02:59 AM.

Sigpic made in Paint.NET, you can't have one... yet
                          Workshop | Youtube

Comment

I don't think i'll ever manage give up smoking, so i'm happier to have used e-cigs for the last couple of years instead.

But it is a trap cos you tend to increase your nicotine intake, and have less incentive to quit the e-cigs than real cigarettes.
                            I'd probably find it even harder to quit them than i did the real ones.

Anyone who starts smoking them who isn't already addicted to nicotine (presumibly to join the trend) is an total idiot - I don't know anyone who's done this but i wouldn't be surprised if it occurs at universities.
                            sigpic

greatergoodgames

Comment

Originally posted by AsoBit View Post

Drinking beer with a straw also doubles you supply, right?
                              You are just "sipping"...
                              Why not use the exact required amount instead of wasting good weed?

In-game name: Costarring

Comment

Working...
                              X