• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Image] The "Fuuuuuu" Day Thread (Crappy Day Thread)

Nah, despite that I'm still pissed/sad about this, I'm glad that I finally had the balls to make things clear between us. **** wasn't healthy at all at this point.

Me? :X :confused:

It never is healthy...
I loved a girl for over 5 years... she was my "friend"
I edited my overly long post as I got carried away and gone to personal with too many details.
But in my case, I was manipulated by the devil... I will have to make a nice long post about it because well that person is ... seriously... the devil... and I am not exaggerating.

I hope that your friend is indeed a good person. If she is, she will understand and would know it is best to keep distance.

Upvote 0
Well, my wife was one of my best friends for years (I had a crush on her since school, I'm 29 now). I always thought I didn't had a chance with her, so I looked to other horizons. One day, I made my mind and broke up with my girlfriend (a 6 years relationship), she was talking about marriage. It was my last chance, so I made my bet.

That was 4 years ago, and I'm happy with the decision I made :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Wait a sec.....no happy endings allowed!!!

This is The "Fuuuuuu" Day Thread (Crappy Day Thread)

Go post all rainbow stories over in The "Awwww yeaaah" Day thread ( Uber day thread ) :p

Haha I was just thinking the same thing! I'm sure it's helpful to people hearing stories like this when they are on a crappy day thread though.

Upvote 0
Well, I guess it was inevitable. I was just hoping it wasn't going to be this bad.....

I have been gradually O/C'ing my Sandy Bridge i5 2500k CPU and my memory bit by bit. I've been on one setting for about four days with no troubles. I fired up RO2 Beta tonight and played through a round of Station. As the game was loading the next map.....BOSD :mad: First time this build has ever had a BOSD. I've locked up the system and RO2 before, but never a complete BOSD.....

Unfortunately, there are about 20 system .dll's that are borked and I can't find them anywhere on the internet to replace them. Windoze is such a PIA sometimes. After several hours of reinstalling other drivers, software, fixing registry errors, etc., I still think I'm going to have to reinstall Windows. That means reinstalling all of my business software as well. I hope I can find all my software keys :eek:. Fortunately, I think I have all my important data files backed up on a remote drive........ I still don't have my sound fixed yet either....

I hate myself for being so dense.......:(

Upvote 0
Computer overclocking went wrong

Computer overclocking went wrong

My good old home rig is running perfectly fine... but when it reboots... It simply doesn't. It needs at least 20 attempts to boot windows... by that I mean passing bios screen and starting to load windows.

Once started, its flawless... weird ey.

It's a Phenom 960T X4 3.0Ghz
A 6 core thuban with 2 disabled cores.

Unlocked it to X6, clocked it to 3.6Ghz stable. Watt usage 168W
Temperatures stayed no higher than 50 under air.

Loaded it to 100% use with prime95 for 30 min.. .all perfect.

Jump into RO2.

Play an hour.
BSOD

Computer refuses to reboot.. or pass bios.

Fixed by unseating the cpu and putting it back.
(it's a pain because my huge cpu fan is annoying)

Been working for 2 weeks... till I rebooted yesterday...

Now works after 25 reboots... but ... What to do... milk it another month before next reboot ?

Or put in a spare Athlon II 3.0Ghz and RMA the chip...

It's just annoying.... not the worst day but doesn't deserve it's own thread.

Upvote 0
Dammit...

My son tells my ex-wife and I that he cannot stand college/going to school anymore and wants to drop out and maybe do something else. He's a great kid, we love him to death, but wow this is a shocker. He had excellent grades all up thru high school, never ever, Ever was sick or missed a day of school since he first entered kindergarten. He was very close into getting into one of the military academies and now is only a semester away from getting his Associates in Engineering and moving on from there...

:(

Upvote 0
Dammit...

My son tells my ex-wife and I that he cannot stand college/going to school anymore and wants to drop out and maybe do something else. He's a great kid, we love him to death, but wow this is a shocker. He had excellent grades all up thru high school, never ever, Ever was sick or missed a day of school since he first entered kindergarten. He was very close into getting into one of the military academies and now is only a semester away from getting his Associates in Engineering and moving on from there...

:(
I've been to a private school from 6 to 18. My parents always forced to get great results and they were probably expecting me to end up as a surgeon or something. Before high school was over, I had to sit down with my parents and talk about what I wanted to do as a living. Because I didn't had answers to their questions, they told me to pick Natural Sciences. Out of 7 classes, I failed 5 during the first semester. I pretty much realized that chemistry and physics wasn't my type of things. I did some research about game development in Montreal and found out there was a few college programs out there to eventually work in the game/cinema industry. Before the winter vacations were over, I announced to my parents that I didn't want to spend the rest of my days in a lab or doing anything related to science. I wanted to be a game dev. They thought I was joking at first but I'm a pretty bad liar so it didn't take long before they realized that I was being serious. They first thought that I wanted to completely drop out of school and for some reasons, it took a while for them to understand that you can have a stable job in the game industry, but they were clearly unhappy with my decision. Afterall, they spent 75,000$ in my education before I even got to college so I guess it's a bit normal for them to be disappointed. After a while they accepted the fact that their son wouldn't be a dentist or a surgeon or a scientist but someone who would sit in front of a computer for the rest of his life. It's been a bit more than 2 years now and I think that they are okay with my decision now. Of course, I'm not gonna make 100k per year but I'll have a diploma.

As I don't personally know you Moe, I'll just have to guess here. Just like my parents, you are probably shocked because you fear that your son might never get back in school to get a diploma. Try to sit down with him and your ex wife, if it's possible, and tell your son that you really love him but that you want him to have a diploma. That's what my parents did with me and as long as they know that I have a diploma and that I'm proud of it, they are happy.

Upvote 0
Tech Rant... quite boring....

Big client with over 30 users, no emails since sunday.
Check our servers, all ok. Check their ISP, all ok.

Most probably an NS issue.

Whois domain name and checked with senior coworker.

We didn't setup their godaddy.
setup by a company that probably died a few years ago.

We don't have the godaddy account # to fix or password.

Client has no idea who ##########.COM is... they probably don't exist anymore...

Forgot password or user ID by domain... would email info at [email protected] BUT THE EMAILS DON'T WORK !

need to change email, must send pic attachment of drivers license of person on file... who is no longer working for the company since last year...

Can send pic of valid registration of company with quebec...
Can't reach the person in charge to get me the info...

FFFFFFfuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!!!!

Last edited:
Upvote 0