• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

What are You Reading?

I am currently reading Cryptonomicon, its a massive book of over 1000 densely printed pages (not even half way through it). The genre is hard to describe but it is somehow a spy novel and I especially like how detailed some technical aspects are (the encryption and cryptology aspects). The plot is set in WWII and in the 90s (nice mash-up) and the whole U-boat thing makes you want to play Silent Hunter (even though I never played it before).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cryptonomicon

Upvote 0
I'm actually reading ton of philosophy books ,which are quite interesting without being too complicated (for now at least) .

If you don't count what I'm reading for school,then I'm currently reading 1984 (yup,finally managed to get a copy of it) and crossed comics.

I hope to get my hands on Scott Pilgrim's comics and the very Necronomicon itself very soon.

Upvote 0
I am sure others have mentioned this but not the less I will mention it as well.

I started reading Atlas Shrugged by Ayn Rand recently and it is one of the more larger books I have read. I'm not really a huge reading type but will pick up a book here and there. In reading this book I find it honestly scares me in a sense that a "fiction" book written in the mid 50's seems to fit in the "non-fiction" realm now. The things that have happened in the book so far (out of what I have read) have or are happening in the present. Not in the exact manor but in a sense that is very noticeable. It will almost fit in the "documentary" section when my son is older. Again not to the tee but close enough to be alarming.

Anyway I look forward to finishing this book though it might take me a while. Next on my to read list is The Art of War by Sun Tzu.

Upvote 0
I just finished 'God Emperor of Dune' by Frank Herbert. It was alright but I am kinda burnt out on Dune and happy to move to something fresh but not all that new to me; I just picked up 'All the Pretty Horses' by Cormac McCarthy last night. I am excited to read it; I really like his works and it has been a few years since I read him last ('The Road' back in 2013). I got some classics on the back-burner ('White-Jacket' by H. Melville) & a few series still pre-ordered ('Saga' & 'Fables Deluxe Edition Vol. 12).

But right now, between typing this, I am looking at the KF2 SDK Wiki about Static Mesh Merging, UV & splatter mapping, & how to make & modify angles &/or curvatures in pre-existing meshes. I also have Polycount's Wiki open.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
BTW, there's coming a new film adaptation of the "Tuntematon sotilas" in 2017 for Finland's 100th independence day.
Another great movie to wait for it :cool:

How big is difference between original Tuntematon sotilas and Sotaromaani ("directors edition" of the book, published only in Finland in 2000)

Last edited:
Upvote 0