• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

The "anything" thread

I love Swedish bureaucracy. So we have this bridge in Stockholm which is the number 1 suicide spot. This report comes out saying that 99% of jumpers choose one particular side. Naturally the bureaucrats order a high fence on that side, while the other side has been put on ice for a year or so :rolleyes:

Are people this dumb all around the world or just here?

I'm going to guess and say all around the world...

Upvote 0
I love Swedish bureaucracy. So we have this bridge in Stockholm which is the number 1 suicide spot. This report comes out saying that 99% of jumpers choose one particular side. Naturally the bureaucrats order a high fence on that side, while the other side has been put on ice for a year or so :rolleyes:

No, just people who elect to go into politics.

Upvote 0

I refer you to this recent post....you decide....
[URL="http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showpost.php?p=1142009&postcount=3500"][url]http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showpost.php?p=1142009&postcount=3500[/URL][/URL]

Upvote 0
Has anyone here read Island of Fire by Jason Mark? Is it worth the pricetag? It definitely looks intriguing, and I liked what I saw of the samples. Is it more of a collection of personal accounts or Glantz style long lists of unit names or a something else entirely?

I ask because I really enjoy stuff that's written like Beevor's Stalingrad for instance, but have trouble getting through more dry works.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
They also said there will be a new Star Wars movie in 2015

"Star Wars Episode 7: Luke's Awesome Space Adventure"

This reminds me... wasn't there supposed to be some HBO-ish ("maturity" wise) Star Wars TV show coming around at some point. I remember Deadwood being referenced with what they were shooting for. That sounded interesting.

Anyways, I'm interested to see what happens with Episode VII. The EU has some pretty cool stuff in it (I'm hardly an expert but I've read a few books in that setting), and tends to be less Mary Sue-ish than the rest of Star Wars. Anyways, Disney tends to put out high quality stuff so I'm going to wait and see.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This reminds me... wasn't there supposed to be some HBO-ish ("maturity" wise) Star Wars TV show coming around at some point. I remember Deadwood being referenced with what they were shooting for. That sounded interesting.

Lucas always said he was going to do something like that, but only if CGI gets cheaper (lame excuse). But I am pretty sure Disney announced that they are seeing the future of Star Wars in TV as well (lets all hope they don't mean more The Clone Wars).

Upvote 0
Has anyone here read Island of Fire by Jason Mark? Is it worth the pricetag? It definitely looks intriguing, and I liked what I saw of the samples. Is it more of a collection of personal accounts or Glantz style long lists of unit names or a something else entirely?

I ask because I really enjoy stuff that's written like Beevor's Stalingrad for instance, but have trouble getting through more dry works.

It is one of the best books about any battle, ever - simple as that. It is also especially great for people who like RO, as it focuses on small unit engagements as much as it focuses on the bigger picture. It is chock-full of personal experiences in the context of the daily progression of the battle. There are tons of really interesting and illuminating facets of the battle. I came away from reading it feeling I understood the battle far better.. and for 3 years I used to live right next to where it happened.

It is a helluva lot better than Beevor's book, imo, as Beevor seemed to have sometimes gone a bit 'off-piste' in terms of making statements without references to support them.

I believe it is now available in paperback so it is definitely a buy for anyone interested in ww2 history.

Almost makes me feel guilty that TWI devs beat the guy to being the first westerners post-war to stand on top of the grain elevator :)o but also :IS2:)

Last edited:
Upvote 0