• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

The "anything" thread

Swallow airspeed velocity.

Anyways, city's keying up to Euro 2012, although I have to say I don't like how many, many things were/ are being handled, many of them on UEFA's part.
I now know I'll walk out of this whole event convinced that UEFA is a bloody-sucking criminal organisation with football taking a distant backseat to big money making. I could go on and on about this, but that would be very Polish, wouldn't it, so I won't.

Still, let that money-making take that distant backseat for now, because even though I am not a big footie fan, the whole omnipresent atmosphere's beggining to work on me. I think I'm going to drop in on the fanzone, see what'll come down there.

Upvote 0
Have there ever been any guns ever that were used by military organisations that - somehow - prevented troops from using their full-automatic function? How did they do it (in basic terms)?

I think I heard of one particular gun having its selector switch welded in one place as to not be changed from semi-automatic to fully automatic. I think it was an M14. I can't remember when, where, why, or if it's even true.

The M14 was issued with select-fire capabilities, but troops couldn't into full-auto with a battle rifle that had a hunting stock; so they welded the giggle-switch into semi. On that you're right.

The M16/M4 in the United Statesian military is select-fire, but the troops only ever use semi. So basically it's just common sense preventing them there.

The Australian military rifle is the F88 Austeyr, and it's semi-auto only due to an automatic lockout that can physically disable the FA option of the trigger.

I'm not sure of any others.

Upvote 0
:D It is rather dull and plodding. Though it's hard to look good when you're within eyesight of the Kate Middleton of bridges :p

The eastern span (Oakland side) is getting the full makeover, to be finished on Labor Day 2013. Can't wait to drive over that puppy for the first time :cool: [url]http://baybridgeinfo.org/[/URL]

Wow it's gonna be pretty sweet.

Upvote 0
You go!
13631510.jpg

Upvote 0
Any info on what jdownloader can be used on?

It sounds neat but i don't know **** about it.

Looks like an all-round download manager. Not sure if it can download stuff off youtube and the likes.

Why don't you try it and let us know? Nothin' to it but to do it! :D

@Ostmann that is pretty interesting stuff.

Upvote 0
Any info on what jdownloader can be used on?

It sounds neat but i don't know **** about it.

it can be used for almost anything, just copy the url containing the stuff (even embedded links) you want and the link collector will show everything that can be downloaded. it works for most file-hosters, youtube etc.

Interesting article on "Joseph Stalin's deadly railroad to nowhere."

[url]http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-18116112[/URL]
very interesting indeed, thx for sharing!

Last edited:
Upvote 0