• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

The "anything" thread

How portal 2 community maps make me feel:

angry-desk-flip-l.png

I mean dear God, am I really that dumb or are these maps just broken? I really hope it's the latter :D

Upvote 0
Because technocrats tend to make terrible politicians. They have a tendency to be impractical idealists on their field of expertise, whose importance they greatly overestimate, and they're semantic bickerers who can never find a consensus.
And the moment you have to make a choice who gets to join and run a committee you're back to democracy again because there is no objective way to determine who the best technocrat is.

Unless we're talking about a small polis where you only have a handful of experts and you might as well let them run the show it's just not feasible.

Much more practical to let experts weigh in when their opinion is needed. Which is what's happening in modern democracies.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Because technocrats tend to make terrible politicians. They have a tendency to be impractical idealists on their field of expertise, whose importance they greatly overestimate, and they're semantic bickerers who can never find a consensus.
And the moment you have to make a choice who gets to join and run a committee you're back to democracy again because there is no objective way to determine who the best technocrat is.

Unless we're talking about a small polis where you only have a handful of experts and you might as well let them run the show it's just not feasible.

Much more practical to let experts weigh in when their opinion is needed. Which is what's happening in modern democracies.

How about each expertise has 2 experts with 2 different ideals, like 2 economists with 2 different ideals. Their level of expertise can be measured with the opinions other people in the same expertise have about them.

A regular politician can make decisions when they are needed.

Upvote 0
Today I had a neurological test thingy, I had to put on a hat with sensors that measured my brain activity or something.

The doctor said "Well this is interesting."
He wouldn't tell me what's interesting because according to him "I would notice it more and it would affect the next test on the 28th of june".
Then he asked me if I have any metals in me.
o_o

Upvote 0
I got 08:59 on that test. Bloody red flyover states are all square...

Crusher, your laizzez-faire attitude to brain scans is impressive. "Neurological test thingy" ... "measured brain activity... or something" :p

Well I wasn't really expecting any tests because all the neurology doctor had to do was confirm I have aspergers. Apparently his way of doing it was to make sure it wasn't anything else. So he gave me a hat with sensors and told me to close my eyes for a while. So I couldn't really see what he was doing. I assume it was to remove my visual brain activity.

Last edited:
Upvote 0