• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

The "anything" thread

Yeah, I'm just sick of full-time haters. Either deal with reality or don't go on peoples' balls all of the time complaing about everything.

Would you dare to say you hate them? :rolleyes: But I have to agree the forums should be fun and lately they are ruined for me Yes, I am looking at you

And for all the complaints, those are simply first world problems.

Upvote 0
Yeah, I'm just sick of full-time haters. Either deal with reality or don't go on peoples' balls all of the time complaing about everything.

Exquisite irony.

CandleJack - stereotypes like that will only hold you back and keep you from meeting the people you want to meet. Most people don't like most people, but you have to sift through them anyways to find the good ones.

Upvote 0
I concur, Gudenrath. An obnoxious clown, who just doesn't have to balls to recognise that two of the tests he's put the two rifles through were flawed and actually favoured the kalash (with the exception of the full-auto one), so he just tries to bend reality to his way of thinking.

You could, however, watch that video as if it were a comedy piece

Upvote 0
I concur, Gudenrath. An obnoxious clown, who just doesn't have to balls to recognise that two of the tests he's put the two rifles through were flawed and actually favoured the kalash (with the exception of the full-auto one), so he just tries to bend reality to his way of thinking.

You could, however, watch that video as if it were a comedy piece — although even then, it's more embarrassing, than enjoyable.
Oh, come on now. Are you telling me that you thought he was being serious? and that you didn't catch the humor of the whole piece? LOL!!!!!!!! Please tell me it isn't so....If I look up the word "gullible" in the dictionary will I see "I. Kant" ?

Ermey at his finest.....:D

NSFW!
Full Metal Jacket - Private Pile - YouTube

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Yeah, I got that he was trying to appear like he wasn't being serious. I just thought it was an embarrassing sort of humour that wasn't to my taste, that's all. He simply came through as an obnoxious jerk, even if it was just a show. I guess I have a thing about obnoxious jerks.
(The fact he got that "FMJ" movie role because Kubrick

Upvote 0
"Swedish minister in 'racist cake' controversy"
_59709180_racistcake1.jpg

[URL="http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-17749533"][url]http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-17749533[/URL][/URL]

Holy ****, I haven't laughed at something this hard in a while.

Upvote 0
Yeah, I got that he was trying to appear like he wasn't being serious. I just thought it was an embarrassing sort of humour that wasn't to my taste, that's all. He simply came through as an obnoxious jerk, even if it was just a show. I guess I have a thing about obnoxious jerks....
As it was a satirical episode, I can understand and respect that it may not have been to your taste. Apparently the satire missed its mark. You're wrong when you say that he was trying to appear like he wasn't being serious. It was quite to the contrary. He was satirically 'acting' to make as though he was serious about the tests (and thus twisting the results because his beloved M-16 was failing so miserably.)

I was just a little surprised and trying to wrap my head around how anyone could have seen it as otherwise.... Not trying to beat a dead horse . :eek:...

Upvote 0
Candlejack, you can't condemn a whole generation for that.

First, because not all individuals are like that, only the noisy ones, and second, because most of that stuff was a problem in previous generations too.

Being quiet myself i find that i agree with you here.

I had to deal with my fair share of BS with my generation when I was a teenager.
At least where I live, it was way worse 14 years ago.

Only the good stuff survives each generation and is remembered later, that's probably why the most recent generation always seem to be the worst, and the past is regarded with a higher esteem.

I really didn't think about what everyone else has/is gone/going through, so it's good to see that i'm not alone in this.
I'd really like to see the cancer of this generation dead and gone.

It's true that the leash on the youth is looser now with so much media exposure and the freedom of internet, but teenagers will always be rebellious by nature, and that is not a generational problem.

I feel it's not just rebellion they've got in mind, but a complete disregard for their education and themselves. Wagging classes and drinking to get drunk aren't good mindsets to have. Things like leetspeak and a lack of grammar/spelling is becoming the norm, and while English changes because it's a living language, surely changing words like you're and your to have the same meaning isn't a good thing.

Candlejack, I agree with some of the stuff you said, but look at your example of artists. It's ironic what you said about Sid vicious, which was a parent's terror at that time. As we grow older, we hate the "today's trends", the same as our fathers did. It's natural.

Really Sid was more of me looking for dead artists who were truly great in their own way, and actually did something as opposed to having a producer autotune their voice and add in a backing band. Ronnie James Dio was a excellent lyricist and singer, who didn't have the benefit of autotune and sang better for it. Today's mainstream musicians don't have to sing because of autotune, and don't have to do anything other than be a famous face because they get everything done for them.

I couldn't agree more. While I'm against easy access to weapons, I'm really concerned about how "they seek to take away their guns", and the feeling is getting worse after the Cumbre de las Americas took place.

My ideal gun control would be no more than a few licences and background checks for different types of weapons. Unlike this bull**** system we have now where it's near-impossible to get anything other than a bolt gun or a 22; and forget about semis. People fear guns and don't know the first thing about them, which is really shameful because they're not the sentient serial killers the media makes them out to be. It should be that criminals and crazy people shouldn't get guns, and that everybody knows a lot about them.

Or in other words, you're a cynical being who hates whatever can be considered mainstream.

There's crappy stuff in every generation. If you let it bother you so much that it makes you hate your own generation you're just a fool and have some serious issues.

I suppose i'm cynical, and i do suppose i hate the mainstream. But the mainstream isn't made to last, and the more underground stuff is. Mainstream music is pretty much mass-produced, factory-made garbage you can create on an assembly line, and i actually half-think that's how it's done.

I don't really let it bother me that much, i don't even really think about it. But i know how i feel about the matter and i can and sometimes do express that opinion. It isn't that i don't see the good in this generation, but the crap the media is peddling is much more vocal and obnoxious.

I just generally love how people always think they're better than everyone else, especcially when they believe they're super-intelligent individuals who rise above the brainwashed mainstream mass-media crowd. If you really think like that or rather voice your thoughts about this directly then like I said, you must have some real issues.

I don't think i'm better or more intelligent, I just think i'm different. I actually think i am more intelligent than most of my generation, but not because i'm super-intelligent, but because they're dumb. I do think like this, and i have a friend who does likewise. It's not so much about me having issues as it is about this generation having some problems that they don't even realise they have. I understand that education is more important than being "gangsta" or wagging class to go smoke with some shady characters, and i know that being literate will get you further than being illiterate. I normally keep this bottled up because the mainstream society doesn't like what i have to say, you obviously don't like what i have to say either.

You just HATE, HATE and HATE instead of minding your own business/concentrating on your own flaws first.

You don't even know me. You're judging me entirely on a single post that is a ranting wall of text that goes into detail about what exactly about this generation i don't like.
You actually have no idea about how much i focus on my own flaws, and that's because i don't go advertising them. That post is/was a one-time deal.
You really don't know how much i mind my own business. If you met me in person you'd think i was a ghost. I say nothing and you hardly know i'm there. If you actually went on the forums and saw my on-topic posts you'd see that i'm normally quite amiable and jovial. Being sick of the "full-time haters", that post of yours seems very hypocritical to me. Anyway, that post wasn't directed at you at all.

It's just super-annoying. I visit TWI off-topic forums to debate about games/read and/or post funny stuff for entertainment/sometimes have serious debates because it kills time. But over the recent few weeks the amount of whining and hate posts has increased so dramatically, maybe it has something to do with the absence of mods, but it's very annoying for sure.

I go to the off-topic forums to do the exact same thing.
You probably didn't even see the post to which i was responding.
You could have just ignored my post, which is something most people do, but you chose to respond. What caused that?
The reason i posted the post in the first place was as a response based on of what i am sick of in society. I just don't like the mainstream of society. They irritate and annoy me.
By the way, it's not the absence of mods that is the problem, but where it's posted.

Upvote 0
The second half wasn't aimed specifically at you but a general statement.

My point was that you should not act as if you were so superior. I believe that I'm fairly intelligent myself or at least I've always managed to set my priorities right and right now I'm in my 2nd semester @law. I mean yeah I live in a city, I see many fools on the streets but then I just tell myself "Oh well, they're not gonna make in anyhow". When I see 16year old wannabe-gangsters hanging out infront of McDonalds playing some ****ty music on their phones it makes me laugh. But that's it. Sure they are fools who will probably never achieve anything in their life, and often it's not even their own fault but that they're born into this part of society, but I don't care. That's the difference. I do my ****, make sure I study something that will both get me money and have me enjoying the work I do, make sure I hang out with the right friends, and enjoy life.

Giving a **** about the average lowlifes is a waste of time. By that I mean spending time complaining about your socalled degenerates. Not helping poor/sick people, which is of course necessary and a good thing.

You calling yourself "quiet" or even "a ghost" is funny. Of course it depends on how exactly you define "quiet", but being a quiet person in the way I see it is definitely not positive. Intelligence isn't just being good at mathemathics, a huge part of intelligence is social intelligence. Sometimes you have to be noisy or otherwise outstanding. I'm not really a noisy type myself, but if you want success you'll have to have an opinion on things and voice it, plus sometimes a bit showing-off doesn't hurt either. All in healthy doses of course.

But a cynical, quiet being who dislikes everything and has a negative attitude towards everything probably won't have much of a fulfilled life, no matter how intelligent you may be otherwise. (Not directed to you in person as I don't know you, like you said)

In my eyes it is all about balance. Studying/working something that satisfies you, at the same time keeping your social life in a way that satisfies you as well as always having an occupation and you won't give a rats *** about the ugly reality of the justin bieber world.

Besides, who other than alcoholics drinks to get drunk? I'm pretty sure most people drink to have a good time, which is totally normal in society.

Upvote 0
I don't have much of a problem with this pop generations fads I'm just disappointed that these fads lack so much quality for the sake of speed.

Big Example: Nike Shirts. Every damn nike shirt is a drug or sexual innuendo. In capital letters they always say something like "GET HIGH" or "GET WET" or "I LIKE BEING ON TOP"

Also contemporary music is no longer poetically based. There's no metaphors, it's like "We're gonna f**k like animals" instead of a more discrete metaphor. The repetitious statement "I'm faded" (it means "I'm high" for those who don't really know) for about 45 seconds of a song is ridiculous. Quality and the necessity for thought has been sacrificed for speed and profit.

Yes I know newer technology allows us to speed up and I believe we can evolve like people have done in the past with new technology, but this time its too exponential and we need to slow down just a tad and really put thought and joy in our lives.

(Oh and I'm 16 btw.)

Upvote 0