• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

The "anything" thread

I think the police are becoming less and less respected because of the media and music. I am seeing "**** the police" more and more on Facebook every year which is very alarming. For some reason, people think it's cool to resist authority and the law. I've never quite understood it myself, but it doesn't help when music is constantly chanting **** like that. It almost reminds me of the radical Islamic music chanting anti-US and westerner slogans, and na

Upvote 0
This generation sucks. I'm disappointed to be a part of it.
I'm chronologically related, but i might as well be a stranger to them. I enjoy none of the things they like. That includes ****ing the police.

Also i hate stupidity.

They suck because you don't enjoy the same things they do? Which means that they suck because they are different than you? (or more accurately, you are different than them?)

Also, don't you enjoy video games? I'm pretty sure this generation enjoy video games.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
They suck because you don't enjoy the same things they do? Which means that they suck because they are different than you? (or more accurately, you are different than them?)

Also, don't you enjoy video games? I'm pretty sure this generation enjoy video games.

Wall of spoilered text.
Spoiler!

Spoiler!

Spoiler!

Spoiler!

Spoiler!

Spoiler!

Spoiler!

Spoiler!

That's it for tonight, but i have to say that right now isn't a good time for me.

Upvote 0
It's as if this was made by some 14year old neonazi with an IQ of 30.

And that asshole would be the smartest of them

How can you not like R. Lee Ermey?

I'll bet he's the kind of guy that would **** a person in the *** and not even have the goddam common courtesy to give him a reach-around! I'll be watching him!

:D

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Candlejack, you can't condemn a whole generation for that.

First, because not all individuals are like that, only the noisy ones, and second, because most of that stuff was a problem in previous generations too.

I had to deal with my fair share of BS with my generation when I was a teenager.
At least where I live, it was way worse 14 years ago.

Only the good stuff survives each generation and is remembered later, that's probably why the most recent generation always seem to be the worst, and the past is regarded with a higher esteem.

It's true that the leash on the youth is looser now with so much media exposure and the freedom of internet, but teenagers will always be rebellious by nature, and that is not a generational problem.

Upvote 0
Candlejack, I agree with some of the stuff you said, but look at your example of artists. It's ironic what you said about Sid vicious, which was a parent's terror at that time. As we grow older, we hate the "today's trends", the same as our fathers did. It's natural.

Candlejack said:
The US is trying to make the citizens ignorant sheeple who know nothing and fear everything; they seek to take away their guns, their voice and their freedom. The corporate countries want your money and they want a complacent crowd of sheep, not people. The countries i see are using scare tactics to get approval and are throwing around buzzwords to get the reaction they want.

I couldn't agree more. While I'm against easy access to weapons, I'm really concerned about how "they seek to take away their guns", and the feeling is getting worse after the Cumbre de las Americas took place.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
How can you not like R. Lee Ermey?
QFT....lol.

I enjoyed the video. Thanks for posting. The sarcasm and innuendo was hilarious and the....... "I seem to have lost a piece..."

And though Ermey fired from the hip and with a 5.56mm vs. the 7.62mm, it should give some of the non-shooters in the forums an idea of recoil and just how hard it is to fire off a continuous burst with much accuracy from either weapon. Had he had it shouldered, he'd have been all over the target as well. Big bullseye, really close......spread or recoil in a game is not such a terrible thing.....;)

Upvote 0
CandleJack said:
Or in other words, you're a cynical being who hates whatever can be considered mainstream.

There's crappy stuff in every generation. If you let it bother you so much that it makes you hate your own generation you're just a fool and have some serious issues.

I just generally love how people always think they're better than everyone else, especcially when they believe they're super-intelligent individuals who rise above the brainwashed mainstream mass-media crowd. If you really think like that or rather voice your thoughts about this directly then like I said, you must have some real issues.

You just HATE, HATE and HATE instead of minding your own business/concentrating on your own flaws first.

Yeah, I'm just sick of full-time haters. Either deal with reality or don't go on peoples' balls all of the time complaing about everything.

It's just super-annoying. I visit TWI off-topic forums to debate about games/read and/or post funny stuff for entertainment/sometimes have serious debates because it kills time. But over the recent few weeks the amount of whining and hate posts has increased so dramatically, maybe it has something to do with the absence of mods, but it's very annoying for sure.

Last edited:
Upvote 0