• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

The "anything" thread

Everybody should watch this video. Pro gun or not watch it:
Woman Testifies on Gun Control, A. Ishmael, Ishmael Ax - YouTube

I'm sorry but I have to say this...

SHE IS AN ABSOLUTE BULL****TER! She had a concealed carry the whole time! She had one in her handbag THE WHOLE TIME!!! But she couldn't get to it in time. It was Absolutely USELESS! IT DID NOTHING. SHE LEARNT NOTHING! SHE IS PROMOTING THE EXACT SAME THING THAT KILLED HER PARENTS!

People like that really piss me off!

Upvote 0

I watched a documentary on this either on Dr Phil or Oprah (I was sick) And they gave a good reason for this.

The entire reason for this is because of the recovery teams getting constantly shot at, they had to wear military grade body amour in order to clean up streets, many of them we're scared they would get shot each and every day they worked. Now if some people had to give up their weapons (Hell it was probably only for a certain period of time too), so be it, human lives and safety is much more important than some 2nd amendment nut-job keeping his weapon for thier own "protection"

Upvote 0
I watched a documentary on this either on Dr Phil or Oprah (I was sick) And they gave a good reason for this.

The entire reason for this is because of the recovery teams getting constantly shot at, they had to wear military grade body amour in order to clean up streets, many of them we're scared they would get shot each and every day they worked. Now if some people had to give up their weapons (Hell it was probably only for a certain period of time too), so be it, human lives and safety is much more important than some 2nd amendment nut-job keeping his weapon for thier own "protection"
That really turned out to be BS for the most part. There were isolated incidents of shots being fired at rescuers from the projects. But that happens everyday during normal times. There are a lot of interesting behind the scenes 'big brother' stuff that is still 'secret' that the news media did not report on. Really fascinating if you can find the literature. Everything from gang infiltration, removing known gang leaders to securing and ensuring the safety of the Federal Reserve Bank in New Orleans during the intial hours after the levee breach.

An interesting sidebar... in one of the documentaries, a news crew was riding with a local deputy sheriff (I don't think it was NOPD). He was on patrol in a neighborhood that had been flooded to prevent looting. (People were stealing the outside A/C units for the copper, stripping homes of wiring for copper, etc.) Over the radio comes in a report of a burglary happenning in a different neighborhood (A non-flooded neighborhood. Most people had left because there was no food, water, etc). When the officer heard the address, he flipped out. It was his home. By the time he got there, they'd gotten away with his TV, microwave, etc....

Upvote 0

Typical reply from a person that believes everything they hear and see on TV. Brainwashed and manipulated by the media.

A natural disaster like katrina was the perfect scenario for the government to try out martial law and see how the public would react to being disarmed. To the ignorant public it looks as if the national guard is doing the public good and we should simpathy for them theyre being shot at. (Like mentioned before it was ONLY a few isolated incidents that the media made it sound like a full blown war was happening) The media then makes them look theyre doing the public good by disarming the entire population because theyre removing those "bad guns" off the streets.

The federal government did many things during that disaster like arrest gang members, searching homes without warrants, anything they needed to do they did because they had totall power and anything they did could be disguised as things they had to do for "relief efforts"

They have absolutely no right to come onto someones property with guns drawn, breaking down my door and demanding that I hand over my firearms without a warrant or justified cause. There is no justified reason at all. Theyre acting on the "dont fire unless fired upon" policy in public...yet theyre searching your home with no justified reason and handcuffing you because they felt you were a "threat". Handcuffing and punishing you for a crime you havent even commited. Here youre innocent untill proven guilty...during Katrina you were guilty untill proven innocent.

You can even tell by some of the national guardsmen they felt what was happening wasnt right...but they still had to follow orders or face the consequences.

Me thinks they specifically targeted homes that had firearms registered...a joint operation with the BATF and the local police/sherrif departments.

Gun Grabbers of Katrina - YouTube

Staff Sgt. Refuses Gun Grab - Reality Report Special Interview - YouTube

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Slight topic change:

After reading a couple of articles in our Dutch newspapers about our Police force it seems they've been troubled by the lack of respect that has been rising for some time. They say that in the past they were more respected by the people and that the authority they had was bigger. As in, if there was a fight downtown and the police came in with force the fight would cease and the crowd would disperse almost immediately. Now it happens more and more that police ( as well as firefighters and ambulance personnel) are confronted with violence and are being yelled at, called names, ect. In general more hostilities.

I believe they own it to themselves, as they have disconnected themselves from society. A long time ago, pre ww2, most villages here had their own 'Veldwachter' A sort of Sheriff you could say, who was inquired to know everyone in town and keep a watch on them as well as keep law and order. Now that modern times have come the police have become a more centralized force, leaving the towns and they located themselves in cities only. All be it they're more efficient when they're called in, they have lost a lot of authority this way. However, I do not believe to going back to the old ways is good, because the times were different then, most people were poor and crime rate was certainly higher. Now most people are wealthy ( The best remedy for criminality, I say, along with a stable government) but also careless.

There's no need for the violence that is being committed, it's a pure form of having a laugh with the police force combined with maybe a police force that has become careless as well, and don't know well anymore how to handle violent ( but no lethal ) situations. What do you think? Has the police force become less respected where you live too?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I believe they own it to themselves, as they have disconnected themselves from society. A long time ago, pre ww2, most villages here had their own 'Veldwachter' A sort of Sheriff you could say, who was inquired to know everyone in town and keep a watch on them as well as keep law and order. Now that modern times have come the police have become a more centralized force, leaving the towns and they located themselves in cities only. All be it they're more efficient when they're called in, they have lost a lot of authority this way. However, I do not believe to going back to the old ways is good, because the times were different then, most people were poor and crime rate was certainly higher. Now most people are wealthy ( The best remedy for criminality, I say, along with a stable government) but also careless.
This is the complete opposite of what is actually happening in the US. Twenty years ago, the police were very disconnected from society. Some referred to it as the "thin blue line", where officers had only each other to rely on. In their free time, officers hung out with each other, because they were so alienated from the civilian world and felt a lack of trust from them. A new form of policing has been on the rise since then and is most commonly referred to as "community policing." Crime is going down and officers are becoming more involved with the people they serve. It was even worse in the 50's and 60's were physical force was commonplace. It is rarely used now, and the police try to avoid it as much as possible to prevent filling out pages of paperwork and create a safer environment.

Most people are definitely not wealthy. Wealth in most cases than not has been connected to criminality. There are many theories as to why people commit crime, but it rarely has to do with money.
There's no need for the violence that is being committed, it's a pure form of having a laugh with the police force combined with maybe a police force that has become careless as well, and don't know well anymore how to handle violent ( but no lethal ) situations. What do you think? Has the police force become less respected where you live too?
The police have become even more careful in the US. Especially with the internet, media, and entertainment industry, more and more people are becoming aware of their actual rights as citizens. The police can't get away with jumping through hoops and ladders anymore to make the arrests they want. Police more than ever are getting awesome training on how to deal with violent crimes, riots, and other physically demanding events in the US. I can understand why you would say something like that in the wake of the London riots, as those couldn't have been handled any worse than they were. It doesn't help they are only armed with clubs.

I think the police are becoming less and less respected because of the media and music. I am seeing "**** the police" more and more on Facebook every year which is very alarming. For some reason, people think it's cool to resist authority and the law. I've never quite understood it myself, but it doesn't help when music is constantly chanting **** like that. It almost reminds me of the radical Islamic music chanting anti-US and westerner slogans, and na

Upvote 0
This is the complete opposite of what is actually happening in the US. Twenty years ago, the police were very disconnected from society. Some referred to it as the "thin blue line", where officers had only each other to rely on. In their free time, officers hung out with each other, because they were so alienated from the civilian world and felt a lack of trust from them. A new form of policing has been on the rise since then and is most commonly referred to as "community policing." Crime is going down and officers are becoming more involved with the people they serve. It was even worse in the 50's and 60's were physical force was commonplace. It is rarely used now, and the police try to avoid it as much as possible to prevent filling out pages of paperwork and create a safer environment.

Most people are definitely not wealthy. Wealth in most cases than not has been connected to criminality. There are many theories as to why people commit crime, but it rarely has to do with money.

The police have become even more careful in the US. Especially with the internet, media, and entertainment industry, more and more people are becoming aware of their actual rights as citizens. The police can't get away with jumping through hoops and ladders anymore to make the arrests they want. Police more than ever are getting awesome training on how to deal with violent crimes, riots, and other physically demanding events in the US. I can understand why you would say something like that in the wake of the London riots, as those couldn't have been handled any worse than they were. It doesn't help they are only armed with clubs.

I think the police are becoming less and less respected because of the media and music. I am seeing "**** the police" more and more on Facebook every year which is very alarming. For some reason, people think it's cool to resist authority and the law. I've never quite understood it myself, but it doesn't help when music is constantly chanting **** like that. It almost reminds me of the radical Islamic music chanting anti-US and westerner slogans, and na

Last edited:
Upvote 0