• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

The "anything" thread

Ostman, once you understand and realize that so much of the hate is just penis envy you'll understand their torment. Chin up!;)

Can someone give me two citations stipulating that the NRA is introducing all of these "stand your ground" laws?

Thank goodness there is a system of justice that decides these things and not public opinion based upon the spin that media chooses to use. The Jena Six anyone? You don't see any "where are they now?" updates do you...what a joke that was. Al Sharpton and Jessie Jackson showed up for them too. Those racist, country hicks in the heart of KKK country need be shown a thing or two..... And remember Amanda Knox? She was 'merican. Hang her! She must be guilty! Thank goodness that again, a justice system eventually pevailed and public/media perception and mis-information had to do an about face.

While no system is infallible, virtually any system is better than a mob mentality.

I can't say whether Zimmerman claim of self-defense is viable or not. ( And FYI, 911 dispatchers/operators are generally not law enforcement personel. Depending upon where you live they are probably civilians. High school education, typing skills, training in procedural policies of the various responding agencies, background check...bingo! Your a 911 dispatcher candidate! And as far I as know, no one is under any obligation to 'obey' them. )

I must say I was quite surprised to see just how demure Zimmerman was when he appeared in court. The only pictures I'd ever seen of him made him look like a large man. I haven't seen any current pics of Martin.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
... ( And FYI, 911 dispatchers/operators are generally not law enforcement personel. Depending upon where you live they are probably civilians. High school education, typing skills, training in procedural policies of the various responding agencies, background check...bingo! Your a 911 dispatcher candidate! And as far I as know, no one is under any obligation to 'obey' them. )...

In the town near where I live, most of the dispatchers are young women 20's -30's and are not in law enforcement. Just civilians.

Upvote 0
One

and

Two.

I live in Massachusetts, I don't want to get shot because someone feels "threatened" by me.
Firearm owners are for the most part very responsible people. If they are conceal carrying, they have taken a course to get certified to do so and know much about the laws and proper ways to act with a firearm (with the exception of Vermont and a few other states). They know when it is wrong and right to use deadly force to defend themselves. You're more likely to get shot by someone carrying an illegal or unregistered firearm, such as a gang member, than someone that is legally carrying a firearm. You really have nothing to worry about. If you even see someone open carrying, don't be alarmed. This mindset of feeling fear in people that carry firearms is something that needs to be eliminated from society. It's just messed up.

Upvote 0
This mindset of feeling fear in people that carry firearms is something that needs to be eliminated from society. It's just messed up.

American society, maybe. So a man/woman carrying a firearm that is walking towards a school is a perfectly normal and safe situation on a regular day in America? Tell them dead kids.

Upvote 0
You're more likely to get shot by someone carrying an illegal or unregistered firearm, such as a gang member, than someone that is legally carrying a firearm.

Wrong. You're most likely to get shot, both in anger and acidentally, by someone who's a close relative and legally owns a gun. The chance to get killed by a gangbanger is very minor in comparison.

Upvote 0
I really have to agree with Ostmann (feels weird, man) on this one... I've spent a lot of time looking through law enforcement statistics and news stories, and combined with own my personal experience living in bad places, I'd have to say these carry laws and the Castle Doctrine make a lot of sense. Here in New York (a may-issue state) there are so many applicants for handgun permits I was told to expect around two years of waiting to even start the 6-month process.

Upvote 0
One

and

Two.

I live in Massachusetts, I don't want to get shot because someone feels "threatened" by me.
I still don't see where they are introducing the bills. I see where they backed them. As a card carrying lifetime member of the NRA, I get inundated with 'info' and requests for money, sending letters to representatives, etc., but I don't recall seeing anything in the literature about them drafting these bills.

The NRA and I are often at odds as I don't often agree with their "don't give them an inch or they'll take a mile" stance on all issues. But that doesn't mean that everything they do is "evil".

...back to work.....

Upvote 0