• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

The "anything" thread

What I love are atheists who think they're representatives of science for some reason.

And then they come up with nonsense like "we carbon dated dinosaur bones so we know they're millions of years old". Yeah, no, would be cool if we could though.:p

But it's always worth it to listen to some dope explain evolution to you as if it was a conscious process, like some fish decided "hey, I think I should grow a couple of legs so I can walk over there", and they still think this conscious, guided idea of evolution they have concocted from watching simplified-to-a-fault cartoons about science is anything but "intelligent design". Because god didn't create giraffes, that would be stupid, some horse decided "if only I had a longer neck so I could reach up there. Let's wait a couple of hundred generations and see if things improve. [waits] Ah, there we go, guess I'm a giraffe now". You're describing intelligent design too, except you dismiss the notion of a designer and you say "nature" designed it.:p
Get a clue on how evolution works, please!

Unreflected dismissal of religion just because a majority of the bible isn't factually true annoys me too. "Ololol, god didn't create the earth in six days because there weren't even days then, lol" We know, genius. That's not the point, even if some stupid modern day bible thumper thinks it is.
The idea that religion is just there to explain physical events (i.e. "lightning? Guess the gods are angry!") was already considered stupid when the bible was written and the stories have a point. And it's not to explain how stuff works by repeating "god did it, lol".
The fact that you're still missing the point and you're arguing that "actually, lightning happens because of friction in the..." is only marginally less embarrassing than running around today saying "god did it, lol".:p

tl;dr stupid atheists and stupid religious people need to accept that they have to respect each-other.
Intelligent people from both camps already know.

Upvote 0
402973_10150526781054457_252613304456_8866927_179813054_n.jpg

Upvote 0
Maybe you had an easy secret answer? Maybe someone you personally knew?

Years ago, a guy pissed me off IRL and I guessed his secret answer in the first try just to have my revenge, I didn't do any harm other than leave a message though.
Can't remember the secret answer. Anyways, it went like this -> Wanted to log into msn and I got an error saying my account has been blocked because of conspicuous activity that seems like someone hijacked my account. So I clicked the link beneath where it said un-block. That lead me to some hotmail page where I was asked to answer my secret question, but since I didn't remember I clicked on contact customer support. There I had to fill in stuff like whom I last sent emails to, what email folders I have created, my previous passwords etc. Sent that away and it told me that usually an answer should arrive within 24h. Then I went to the email account which I entered as to how they can contact me and there was an e-mail asking if I just attempted to change my password and if yes click on link a and if not click on link b(the usual). So I clicked on link A which led me to another hotmail page where suddenly I could simply change my password. So that's what I did but then a IE firewall message came that the site can't be loaded because of some lack of a certificate and that there might be a phishing attempt. So I went back to the email account and checked who sent that confirmation e-mail and it was by [email protected], which according to google.com is exactly that - a phishing fake account. Now still I don't know where I stand because all of those links I clicked at least appeared to be usual hotmail pages(the link names as well) and when I changed the password it DID really change and I was able to login again. In any case I changed the hotmail password again and all other passwords on other pages as well.

Upvote 0
Yeah, I wouldn't call that hacking. I would call that giving the enemy all the information he needs to access your account. Then because you gave him emails addresses of all your recent emails, he'll use any information he garners from your account to go after theirs. Nice.

My guess is you mis-typed the url to your msn account. It was a common mistake and some unscrupulous individual has a cloned website set up, set out the bait and got you (and maybe even some acquaintances). I'd be sure to notify them.

Don't know what browser you use, but I always check to be sure the url I'm clicking on matches the target url.

Reactions: TravisT
Upvote 0