• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

The "anything" thread

clowncarsatchel.jpg

Did someone call me?

Upvote 0
Yeah, it's pretty wrong. I can't imagine how he'd ever be able to see anything that way.

Of course, there's a lot of places that you'll find such inaccuracies:

IMG_1360.jpg

wwii-soldier-with-scope.jpg

file_2.jpg

d51c4946-1.jpg

19797_0629_1_lg.jpg

EJC_GR.jpg

A lot of people do it that way just so that they can be internet badasses and then "correct" other people and seem like they know a lot more than they actually do. I mounted one of my scopes that way, just so that people would leave me alone about it on the internet.

Upvote 0

Cool story, bro.

So I gather from your not wanting to be an "internet badass and then "correct" other people and seem like they know a lot more than they actually do" that what you are trying to say is:

"Yes, you certainly was correct when you stated you was not a gun guy. Because there are several examples of scopes where this is actually correct. I guess you learned something today".

I certainly did. Thank you for being so informative and so not a complete dick about it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Cool story, bro.

So I gather from your not wanting to be an "internet badass and then "correct" other people and seem like they know a lot more than they actually do" that what you are trying to say is:

"Yes, you certainly was correct when you stated you was not a gun guy. Because there are several examples of scopes where this is actually correct. I guess you learned something today".

I certainly did. Thank you for being so informative and so not a complete dick about it.

heh.

Nah, I'm more or less drunk right now, and I was just being a dick, that's all.

But, if you'd like to see a bunch of scopes set up that way, do a google image search for 1-4x scopes, and pay special attention to the ones that are on modern AR-15-type rifles. Seems like the current trend in the tacti-cool community is going back toward that sort of thing.

Having a large bell on the front (or objective) lens of a scope is great for light-gathering characteristics. You'll be able to see better in lower light, so long as your glass is good quality. However, the back end - closest to the eye - is generally where it's easiest to control the focus and magnification aspects of the scope, and that's what you're getting the advantage of with a large bell on that end.

Upvote 0