• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Post a picture of yourself thread

srry valac, but i cant stand *****ing at my fav band, it makes me go mindless with rage
now i need another double circle pit to cool me down

jus twondering bullitt, what is it that makes you think slipknot ****s? i love the feeling of all 3 albums, and IMO none beats them live and on stage.
i was totally wasted after a concert of slipknot where i was front row centre, in the pit, singing along while moshing the hell out of everybody coming to close.
next day, i had to roll myself out of bed because i couldnt get up normally. now THAT is a party. i had the time of my life, and nothing will ever come close, i just know it.
then, after, came slayer, and their show made me fall asleep, honestly XD they didnt even stir up the audiance enough to make them do a moshing pit

next to that, they have one of the best drummers in the world, and great guitarists, and a singer who can do anything with his voice what he wants, hell, he could start a boyband like the backstreet boys with a voice like his. point is he doesnt, because this music is 'his' and straight out of his heart, and i feel it all. corey taylor and shawn crahan ( a percussionist, the clown ) are my example. corey for rebuilding his life from scratch ( he really had a tough past, no emo *****ing ), and shawn crahan for his way of showing you can be what you want, and that it is your fullest right. Quote : i hope this will teach the kids something, that they dont have to listen to anything, or anyone. unquote. the masks are there to show that it doesnt matter what you look like, that you are accepted anyway.
one could argue that they have to many members in the band, that they wouldnt need so much and that some are useless. wrong. so wrong. everyone contributes to the music they make, i can listen to songs over and over again, and after the 50th time still hear little things i didnt hear before.
AND they love their fans, the maggots. im proud to be a Maggot. they dont see us as a cashcow. hell, slipknot doesnt make enough money really, if they are not busy with slipknot they are doing regular jobs. chris fehn, percussionist, is a housepainter. shawn crahan is a welder, etc.
slipknot is a feeling, a way of life
i feel, love, breathe, live slipknot.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
ok I dont know anything about slipknot other than the music. and I respect that thay have made themselvs popular and mainstream, but they are even more of a gimmick band than the music I like (KISS, motley crue, twisted sister, etc..)

srry valac, but i cant stand *****ing at my fav band, it makes me go mindless with rage
now i need another double circle pit to cool me down
ok that seems to be a bit of an extreme reaction... why would that make you go insane with rage? way to fit right into the angry metalhead steryotype:D

this brings me to my first point: all the slipknot songs I have heard are just violent and angry, now I have nothing against metal in general, I love Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, Metallica, Black Sappath, etc... but all those bands had meanigfull songs and intelligent lyrics. here is an example of some of slipknots lyrical genius,
you said this music is straight out of his heart:eek::eek::eek:

**** it all, **** this world, **** everything that you stand for,
Don't belong, don't exist,
Don't give a ****, don't ever judge me.
**** this **** ,im sick of it
your going down
this is a war!
People = ****
People = ****
People = ****
People = **** (Whatcha gunna do?)
People = **** (Cuz i am not afraid of you)
People = **** (Im everything you'll never be)
People = ****
also why all the cursing? that doesn't improve the song any...

you mention that they have great drums and guitars, I acctually agree with you about the drums... the drummer is good, but from what I have heard of the guitars, meh they are just pounding out those powerchords, maybe I am missing somthing though, point me in the direcxtion of one of thier best guitar songs. I am willing to be convinced,

BTW valac I am open to, and listen to all kinds of music from bluegrass to rap (exept most contemporary "punk" bands... good charlotte kiss my ass)

umm I can prolly come up with more if you want:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Upvote 0
ok I dont know anything about slipknot other than the music. and I respect that thay have made themselvs popular and mainstream, but they are even more of a gimmick band than the music I like (KISS, motley crue, twisted sister, etc..)

ok that seems to be a bit of an extreme reaction... why would that make you go insane with rage? way to fit right into the angry metalhead steryotype:D

this brings me to my first point: all the slipknot songs I have heard are just violent and angry, now I have nothing against metal in general, I love Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, Metallica, Black Sappath, etc... but all those bands had meanigfull songs and intelligent lyrics. here is an example of some of slipknots lyrical genius,
you said this music is straight out of his heart:eek::eek::eek:

also why all the cursing? that doesn't improve the song any...

you mention that they have great drums and guitars, I acctually agree with you about the drums... the drummer is good, but from what I have heard of the guitars, meh they are just pounding out those powerchords, maybe I am missing somthing though, point me in the direcxtion of one of thier best guitar songs. I am willing to be convinced,

BTW valac I am open to, and listen to all kinds of music from bluegrass to rap (exept most contemporary "punk" bands... good charlotte kiss my ass)

umm I can prolly come up with more if you want:rolleyes:

lol, those are real lyrics? WTF? If so, they're terrible indeed. You were joking there right?

Bullit man, Rock 'n Roll is still the best. You and I know it. But you should hang your head in shame for spelling Black Sabbath wrong. ;)

Upvote 0
yes those are the lyrics.

Surfacing: chorus: **** it all, **** this world, **** everything that you stand for. dont belong, dont exist, dont give a ****, dont ever judge me!
this song is about being you, and that you dont have to give a **** about what others think.

people=****: its about people ****ing up the planet, wich they do, you know it

i could go on and on about explaining all the lyrics but my guess is it wont convince you anyway
on the guitars: listen to the 3rd album, vol.3. there is a lot more to the guitars there then on the other 2 albums. why? because they wanted to focus more on the songs and meaning and feeling behind them then some funky guitar solo's.

on why i go mad with rage: i live slipknot, any insult to them is a direct insult to me, and insults piss anyone off

and yeah, they curse alot. so what? IMO if you get mad, you curse. most of these songs are mad, so there is cursing. if there wouldnt be any cursing in most of the songs, the lyrics would feel less powerfull.. hard to explain. they dont feel heartfelt then. angry people curse. in RO there is cursing too, and if not spammed it helps the immersion

the songs on vol.3 are less angry then on previous 2 albums: 1st album ( slipknot) they were breaking through, they are about growing up in iowa and such, the life they had lived thus far. second album ( Iowa ) is a lot harder and angrier then Slipknot. why? because of their newfound popularity record companies tried to push them in all kinds of directions for more money. slipknot got into arguements with eachother.. there were doubts if there even was gonna be a third album etc etc. so Iowa is a product of that. the 3rd album, vol.3, the subliminal verses, they refound eachother, their friendships better then ever before, and slipknot got back in track, thus the third album sounds lighter then the others. again, slipknot is a feeling band. that did NOT make them mainstream, that made them all the more Slipknot: feelings. i am eager to find out what the next album will sound like : shawn lost his dad, corey ( singer) found his natural father, shawn's wife has a terminal desease etc etc.

also, the third album has kind of like a meaning to it, the overall idea: the opening song, prelude 3.0, he wonders why he never asked 'her' ( subjective, fill it in for yourself ), somewhere in the middle of the album the lyrics go: the only way is all the way ( he figures out he has to do it or die not ever having done it ) then the end: I won't let you walk away
Without hearing what I have to say
its about doing things, if you postpone things it might be to late, live your life, and live it the way you want it

waiting for your reply ;)

Upvote 0
marz.jpg

Upvote 0
Hey athena do you post anything besides LOL or other verisons of it?
I looked at your posts and the first page is almost all of those. wth man? anything constructive to add?
*Note how ironic this post is.:D

it's cause she's a chick, and if i know anything about chicks and video games the only thing they ever bring to the table is a lot of LOLs and even more free kills for the good players.

Also, I wish all girls dressed like bullit, with tight jeans and no shirt on.

Also, Slipknot is terrible.

Also, cock.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
First of all, directed at bullit: I once was a "metaler", with long hair and only wearing black, etc, but i've never ever met an "angry" metaler. Sure, we all pose and look like tough guys, but I have yet to encounter one single headbanger who isn't a cool and nice guy.

Other thing with fans of those commercial "nu - metal" bands which are in for the dough and not for the music, like slipknot, Korn and many others. I encountered them on various festivals, and most of them are just a bunch of stupid and aggressive guys who start a brawl because you simply said "well, your music is quite enjoyable, but noone beats Kirk Hammet on the Guitar..."

But now get back on topic and post pics to laugh at ;)

Upvote 0
yeah, disaster sorry that I expressed my opinion... well I know better than to do that again:D cuz clearly I am the only person on this forum who has ever critisized somones picture... yeesh people are so touchy, did you notice how that one dude called me gay and I didn't flip... you should all take mly example and lighten up:p

also I was making fun of his angry reaction and was not saying that anyone who listens to metal is a asshole;)

but I have seen a lot assholes in slipknot shirts:)

and just FYI, cock

Upvote 0