• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Post a picture of yourself thread

VaLiancY said:
06ms00086ue.jpg

Senior photo. :(

i think this is your first post of your pic where you didn't mention the word "token."

Upvote 0
2 weeks ago I was at a viking winter drink and eat fest, me and my buddies were getting pretty drunk when the conversation started about how rediculous the black metal band Immortal poses on photo's and we decided that we vikings can do that way much better in stupidity than those painted pansies.
me on the left and my 2 idiotic friends.

Winter_banquet_Archeon_2006_004_edi.jpg

Upvote 0
REZ said:
I, I had no idea...

*i'm ducking for cover as i say this* is Joy Division anything like Kraftwerk?
shy8ud.gif
/dives under table
I won't hurt you because, for one thing, I love you, and also I suppose they were a slight influence.

Joy Division were a post-punk band formed in 1977 after some young Manchunian (that's "from Manchester" (England) for you non-Brits) men were inspired by (near-empty) a Sex Pistols gig. They were originally called Warsaw (after the David Bowie album Warszawa) and were simple, thrashy punk, but their gradually became more unique -- rhythm-based, with a robot-like drummer and the main melody usually being played high-up on the bass guitar rather than the lead. They changed their name to Joy Division -- possibly to avoid confusion with another band at the time called Warsaw Pakt. They had a real gift in Ian Curtis, the singer, who was a fantastic lyricist and had an instantly-recognisable baritone voice.

As they progressed, they used more and more synthesisers in their music. On their second (and last) album, Closer, you can sometimes hear echoes of what they would later become -- after Ian's tragic suicide in 1980, the band reformed as New Order, and went on to become one of the most successful dance groups in Britain.

I'm sure you must have heard Love Will Tear Us Apart. =)

It's a sad story, but they made some absolutely incredible music which was revolutionary at the time and still sounds fresh and remains influential to this day.

Edit: That took ****ing ages to write. You'd better read it all. If you want to know more, look them up on Wikipedia, and maybe watch 24 Hour Party People.

Upvote 0