• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Music Video Thread

Jeff Loomis - Devil Theory - YouTube

Jeff Loomis - Miles Of Machines - YouTube

JEFF LOOMIS - The Ultimatum (Playthrough) - YouTube

mfw
face_melt.gif

Upvote 0
Last edited:
Upvote 0
Well, not to put down Captain Beefheart, because he really does rock, most of the songs on records like the "Back from the Grave" compilations contains just as many good examples of garage singers using their vocal inadequacies to an equal good effect, for example:

The Rats - The Rat's Revenge [1963] - YouTube

or perhaps even more impressive is the Crusher song by the Novas. It's actually quite dancable despite the obvious lack of vocal training of the singer:

Novas - The Crusher - YouTube

And then of course we have Link Wray who lost one lung to TB during the Korean war yet still managed to record one of the greatest raunch recordings of the 1950s, even putting his obvious lack of breath into good effect:

Link Wray - Ain´t That Lovin´ You Baby - YouTube

Upvote 0
Well the first track I think they were surviving the guy's inadequacies rather than using them but I grant you that second song was definitely using the 'singer's' 'talents' :D ... as for Link Wray, what a dude - srsly.

Goth alert - Andy Eldritch, bit of a twat but good tune anyways...
The Sisters of Mercy -- Lucretia, My Reflection - YouTube

While I'm on the subject of goths - this is a song, where, if you have never had someone you want to play this song to, then I pity you....

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Well, Adam Yauch aka MCA of the Beastie Boys died yesterday, so I'll just post a bunch of their always awesome videos that I probably posted before here.

RIP MCA... now only two MC's and one DJ :(

Beastie Boys - Gratitude - YouTube

"Jimmy James" - YouTube

Beastie Boys - Root Down - YouTube

Beastie Boys - Shake Your Rump - YouTube

Beastie Boys - So What Cha Want - YouTube

And I'm not posting Sabotage 'cause y'all seen that one before.

And obviously this:
Beastie Boys - Shadrach (Abstract Impressionist Version) - YouTube

Props to Gudenrath, Demogorgon and Tony da Gothmeister for consistency in posting great stuff :)

Upvote 0