• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

QMS Disadvantage

ferrethertz

Jul 8, 2015
We've a good list of advantages of Quality Management Software. However, we're also taking into considerations its disadvantages. We were thinking that during implementation of QMS, the organization would have to strictly focus on task standardization. We're worried that this may limit the employees' chance to bring up and explore new ideas and may lessen the creativity and innovation. In short, the firm's process may become to stiff and limited. What do you think?

The only disadvantages of QMS that I know are production disruption and employee resistance. In some cases a company quality ideas are not implemented because they would favor more on incentives and better market entries. Likewise, employees must have also extensive training to comply with a total quality management system. By the way, a reliable software could help you tackle your worries with implementation.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I agree with you, specificmind. It saddens me how we tend to resist change ... especially in the workplace where the definition is CHANGE ergo MORE WORK. Anyway, for me, a good quality management system is key to improvement and being able to do things better and faster. That is why I am hoping to introduce some changes and I hope that with really good presentation skills, I may able to convince some people or a lot of people :( :) ;)

Upvote 0