• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Wip forum upgrade

Today the text inside the reply box is black again.... what is going on seriously, months later the forum problems list is growing instead of being fixed.

You wanted feedbacks, we gave them, but we're just ignored, we don't know what has been looked at, fixed, ignored, so what do we do? We continue reporting problems (I have a list of other problems to post, but from what I've seen so far there is no reason to continue)? We just get used to the new buggy and unpolished forum? We just leave the forum and forget about it? Come on, reply let us know.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
®omano;n2270121 said:
You wanted feedbacks, we gave them, but we're just ignored, we don't know what has been looked at, fixed, ignored, so what do we do? We continue reporting problems (I have a list of other problems to post, but from what I've seen so far there is no reason to continue)? We just get used to the new buggy and unpolished forum? We just leave the forum and forget about it? Come on, reply let us know.

This. Is it still a work in progress?

I understand that the forums and its workings needed to be updated, but the end result for the users and visitors is nowhere as user friendly as the old forums. Certainly that is my opinion, but I can't help but think others share it as well. Searching and looking for new UNREAD posts doesn't work, in fact this very topic never ever shows up in the search when you use "Latest Activity" so I wonder if the only people reading it are those who posted in it. Yet I also get topics that I have read over and over with no new posts in them show up in that same list.

The forums used to be a fun and interesting place to go, a sort of compliment to the games, report bugs, look for new information etc. Just not sure why the forum end user experience has changed when I haven't seen other user forums react this way.

Reactions: morticore
Upvote 0
I'm guessing from trying to view the forums in the past couple of days, that it still seems easy for some users/bots? to spam the forums.

Also, if I try to search for my recent posts, I get the 10 second timer for searches. After I wait around 10 seconds or so, I usually go to search again and the 10 second timer resets. It seems pot-luck if the search works without bringing up that 10 second message.

Upvote 0
- all previously mentioned above

- Default favicon on the forum... no more TWI favicon
- Youtube links have their case modified when posted in integrated videos tool
- Some thread are in the database, you can not find them with integrated search, you do not see them when you browse ALL the pages of the subforum they are supposed to be in (yeah, I did it), but when you find the thread link with Google, and then reply to it, it magically appears again in the forum (lot of examples in the KF 2 bug report forum)
- Some threads are DESTROYED since the migration http://support.tripwireinteractive.com/Ticket/779
- Quotes are broken due to wrong BBCode configuration or something else, when someone with brackets in his names is quoted (like TWI staff.......) because the user name closing bracket is interpreted as the quote tag closing bracket, resulting in a bad quote)
[TW said:
Ramm-Jaeger;n2144771]To clarify what Yoshiro said, before the patch we shipped yesterday, the code that was supposed to be adjusting player zed health and damage based on the average perk rank of the human player team was not working correctly. So please have a look at the current balance as any matches you played before yesterday would have had a bug in the system and not have been balancing correctly. Now that we have fixed that bug, as we get data from our analytics system on where the balance is now, we'll be making regular adjustments to get it in balance.
- member list unreadable http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/memberlist
- previously attached pictures in threads (before migration) have been lost
- clicking a thread link does not work if you don't wait 1 second because of this useless 4 words preview popup which works nearly half of the time (if it was showing an actual preview of the thread that would be kinda 'OK' to wait this 1 second each time you hover a link before clicking). Opening all the new threads in a forum in new tabs is a pain in the *** currently

Last edited:
Reactions: =GG= Mr Moe
Upvote 0
=GG= Mr Moe;n2271966 said:
Still looking at a very large number of spam posts again this morning, some from new accounts, some from the same user accounts as yesterday. I would have thought that a moderator would have closed down those accounts or is it a bug that they can't?

Just click that Latest Activity Button on the main forum page and you will see, the spamming still goes on, and I have even reported and flagged the "member/bots." As the saying goes, I don't think anyone is minding the store(forums) around here...

Upvote 0
I know, I'm "one out of seven users" using "stupid characters" (I actually verified we are thousands* "annoying users" using non english characters but as I told you it is not "weird" to use them, what is weird is in 2016 not using correct character encoding..) but you broke the forum, again..

334175Capturedcran20161016070232.png

Seriously hire someone who knows what he's doing with the forum... it is really embarrassing now..

50660d9490794.jpg

* You can verify here http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/memberlist after you fix all the mess we already reported here.

Last edited:
Upvote 0