• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Image] The Picture and GIF thread

whatcha_thinkin_bout.png

Reactions: Roland777
Upvote 0
It's just an idealized problem for a Physics I course. Airdrag, density, changing gravity with height, curvature of the Earth and all those other variables you can think of isn't necessary for a problem where the distance traveled is only 55m. The error only becomes apparent at much greater distances, heights and velocities.

You can spend all day accounting for the different variables, and it'll probably give you an answer within 1-2% of the one you get with the kinematics formula.
It's never 100% correct anyway, most things end up being approximations.

Thing is, without a given velocity or the according flex and draw ratio of the rubber band you'll be looking at thousands of different results for a "2.50s flight time". I could shoot it with low velocity in a direct arc, in a mortar like trajectory... or I could shoot it with extremely high velocity in the exact oposite direction and do one circulation of the earth...

Reactions: Shadrach
Upvote 0
Upvote 0

Thats the biggest load of bullSH!T I have heard in a while. Herpa derp derp look it me using a saw improperly, and when it makes funny noises I just push the wood harder! They owe me money for not having expensive retard saver equipment in the saw, derp.

That jury is even more stupid, what next, crash sensing equipment in a car, or the lack thereof freeing someone of their responsibility for DUI and killing another human?

Upvote 0
And do you know why push lawn mowers in the US have a lever that has to be held or else the motor and blade are braked?

Because some moron picked up his push lawn mower by the deck to clip his hedge. Seems he clipped a few digits as well......:rolleyes:

Upvote 0
Wow . . . Why couldn't I be the guy to cut off his fingers and then become rich.

No but really. Why would you risk putting your fingers that close to the blade with no rip fence. I don't use a guard(We have the same saw) but if the blade isn't cutting, you're doin it wrong and the blade is bound up. Can't believe he won the law suit though.

Flesh sensing technology? Honestly, why can't we have Darwin Technology. If you do stupid stuff, you will get hurt and you will not want to do it again(If you are alive), but now we have people doing stupid stuff, and getting rewarded for it. *Facepalm*

Brb guys, I'm going to go cut off my fingers and I'm pretty sure I can get at least 500k for my toes too.

Reactions: Colt .45 killer
Upvote 0
And do you know why push lawn mowers in the US have a lever that has to be held or else the motor and blade are braked?

Because some moron picked up his push lawn mower by the deck to clip his hedge. Seems he clipped a few digits as well......:rolleyes:

That was the example I was going to use ... but then when I looked for a link I wound up at Snopes.

Seems that there are some things that are too stupid even for American juries. :eek:

Upvote 0