• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Image] The Picture and GIF thread

Especially, since on mobile phone "bootlegs", you usually can neither see anything, nor hear it clearly enough to discern the music from the crowd noises around you... those people are a waste of good concert space.

But in other news: either it's me getting older and grumpier, or the young'uns seem not to be able to behave properly at concerts/festivals:

Back in my days, when we moshed and pogoed, we'd form a moshpit and tried our best not to bump into those not inside the moshpit, with occasional apologies if we didn't manage.
Nowadays, people like to form a wall of death and run at full speed into the backs of people in front of them, and generally pogoing at anyone in the vicinity. The last contcert I attended, I could only save my girlfriend from being bumped by some big guy by ramming my elbow in his face just before impact.

Also, back in my days, peiople attending festivals were like a big, happy family, with very little brawls and next to no stealing.
Nowadays, everything you leave outside of your tent is a goner when you wake up. And your tent is covered in piss.

That's why today, I don't enjoy it anymore to go to festivals and concerts that are bigger than 200 people in the audience.

And I've definately become a grumpy, ranting old and bitter man. But then, I am approaching 30...

Last edited:
Reactions: I. Kant
Upvote 0
raphvler.jpg

http://cinemassacre.com/2011/07/05/tmnt-tuesday-comics-review/

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I love being part of the \m/ generation, crowd behaviour definitely has taken a turn for the worse. In my day (lol) if someone went down in the pit everyone around would help them up. These days people would just as soon step on someone as help them up, it's disgraceful and the main reason people die in big crowds.

My fondest pit memory would have to be Slayer in 2005, it was off the wall.

Upvote 0
...My fondest pit memory would have to be Slayer in 2005, it was off the wall.

I remember Slayer at the old L'amour in NY in 1988 or 1989. My friends and I are standing at the edge of the pit. The first cord of South of Heaven rings out and my friend Vinnie gets laid out on the floor by a gorgeous blonde in a beautiful black dress who looks like she was headed for some upscale ball at the Ritz... she was so outa place! Oh the shell shocked look in Vinnie's eyes, I will never forget! :eek:

Reactions: doomis
Upvote 0