• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Video] A Sticky for Random AWESOME Videos?

Incredible that there are still people who live in such complete isolation. Those people are completely untainted by Western society (which is poisonous in a lot of ways, if you ask me). Beautiful to watch. It's like a tiny peek into the past.

We like to think that the West with all its cities and luxuries is all there is to the world. Turn on the TV and you see nothing but bad ****e. But what a lot of people don't realize is that a big part of the world is similar to what you see in the video; small groups of people living peaceful lives in the middle of the wilderness, disconnected from anything that we take for granted. There is a Dutch seafarer and writer called Henk de Velde who sails around the world a lot, and he sometimes writes about such people. One time during one of his Pacific voyages when he temporarily stayed on one of the islands there, the people there loved him because of his stories. They even offered to build a house for them so he could stay there, which tempted him, but he realized that he could never live that life because he is a Western man.

The more prosperous a country is, the more spoiled and arrogant its people are.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
That was filmed in 1976 - wonder where those kids all are now?

On facebook?

Seriously I totally agree with Nimsky. I hope those people live where they want to. Noone moved them or wanted anything from them. First though which came to my mind after watching this is: "Oh hai native people, nice to meet you. Now pay taxes"

Reactions: Shadrach
Upvote 0
Wonderful video, thanks for posting it Apos. I kind of seem to remember seeing it on TV a long time ago but it might be just 'deja vu'. As for the discussion whether it is "right" to bring these people closer to the modern world, heres a quote from the Mefi thread I quite agree on:

Going more small scale, I'd much rather live in the first world than a neolithic village - living past 30, not having my head taken off in a tribal fight, having modern medical care and not having an infant mortality 10 times what it would be in a city (this is comparing PNG villages vs PNG modern cities, not the first world) - these are all good things.
http://www.metafilter.com/104846/First-encounter#3774973

Here's one with commentary instead of the cheesy music:
YouTube - ‪Tribe meets white man for the first time - Original Footage (1/3)‬‏

I don't think there are many of these people left, and most of the 'lost
tribes' were contacted during the 70s and 80s I believe.

Reactions: LemoN
Upvote 0
Probably dead.

debbie_downer.jpg

That video was one of the funniest things I've seen in a while. I was crying laughing so hard at the parts where they were flipping out about the mirror. :D:D:D

Upvote 0