• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Video] A Sticky for Random AWESOME Videos?

You guys are aware that russia today is anti american, right?

Anti-EU, anti-NATO, anti anyone who is on Putins ****list. Pro-Putin would be a better description. They change their agenda according to his. So when he is being anti-American they are being it too.

As you can hopefully see, this is not in an attempt to excuse them, rather to show what a sorry-assed source it is for anything newsworthy except to know what Putins current agenda is.

Last edited:
Reactions: Alexander Ostmann
Upvote 0
You guys are aware that russia today is anti american, right?
Of course it is, but that doesn't change the inherent truth in that particular story about presidental candidates of late. It's quite scary ...

And @ Ostmann, I'm not saying Obama doesn't read speaches off of a teleprompter. Of course he does. Just about every president in the last 40+ years probably has. That doesn't change the fact that he is a person of above-average intelligence who is articulate and cultured enough to be well-respected on the world stage. Compare that to his predecessor, who received all of the same careful preparation and assistance from his White House assistants and still managed to botch his personal image and the image of the US as a whole at nearly every turn... :rolleyes:

and ...
If they don't know or have the answer to something they need to learn how to waffle. Works in every situation

Jeremy Paxman vs Michael Howard - YouTube
I'm afraid I don't know the circumstances of this interview or what it's really about but I still find it totally hilarious.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Dunno if this might be a re-post:

The Island of Misnamed Toys - YouTube
watch

Upvote 0
Of course it is, but that doesn't change the inherent truth in that particular story about presidental candidates of late. It's quite scary ...

And @ Ostmann, I'm not saying Obama doesn't read speaches off of a teleprompter. Of course he does. Just about every president in the last 40+ years probably has. That doesn't change the fact that he is a person of above-average intelligence who is articulate and cultured enough to be well-respected on the world stage. Compare that to his predecessor, who received all of the same careful preparation and assistance from his White House assistants and still managed to botch his personal image and the image of the US as a whole at nearly every turn... :rolleyes:
Kafrenbel2.jpg

Huh... I see your point, hockeywarrior.

Upvote 0
He can't speak; he can read a teleprompter. Anyone can make a montage of every political leader's mistakes to make them look bad. For anyone to expect any of these people to be absolutely perfect in their rhetoric is bat **** crazy.

Presidents get briefed on a lot of stuff they didn't have access to when they were running for the position once they are in office. Not to mention current presidents will have had a minimum of four years experience on the job, so of course they will appear to be knowledgeable about geography. They have very good secretaries.

And I'd tread with caution on listening to a Russian news source bashing a country it hasn't had a good past with, just like one would be cautious listening to an Israeli news source bashing Palestine, or a Turkish news source bashing Cyprus, etc.

No one expects them to be perfect, that is silly. However, there is a HUGE difference in slight factual error, and for example oh I don't know, referring to Africa as a country. I've always wondered, is it some sort of state secret in the US that Africa and Europe for example indeed are continents, not countries, which only the president then gets "briefed" on ? If so, that would explain a lot.

And, yes, i know RT isn't the most reliable and unbiased news source around, but i've seen a few bit's they've done about my country, which doesn't exactly have a warm past with Russia/Soviet union and for the most part they have been fairly accurate and objective. Russia's Fox News, that's all it is.

Upvote 0