• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Forums could use a comment rating system

liamtranzig

Grizzled Veteran
Aug 28, 2015
St. Louis, Missouri
I'd like to see an option to vote up/down comments and an organizational option to view comments by rating implemented on the forum. It is often that I see many ideas which I support but they are lost in 5 pages of bickering or that something is said so perfect I couldn't say it better and just post "'Quote' +1".

Last edited:
I'd like to see an option to vote up/down comments and an organizational option to view comments by rating implamented on the forum. It is often that I see many ideas which I support but they are lost in 5 pages of bickering or that something is said so perfect I couldn't say it better and just post "'Quote' +1".

Meh.

It's going to go through the typical cycles: implement +/-1 system -> people cry about -1s -> end up with only +1 -> system becomes worthless.

Upvote 0
Noooo.

Popularity is not quality, no!

The issue is not black/white. Something can be of good quality and popular... that is even the point of a rating system. However, I understand your point that such a system can easily be abused but it is more a community organization system than anything. The old "most current last" would remain an organizational option. If peoples' feelings get hurt while they post unpopular opinions so be it- maybe they should understand that their opinions are not shared by the majority. Hell, I'd probably be one of them; afterall I like the new akimbo aim and do not want to see Endless mode added.

Upvote 0
We had a "like/dislike" feature about two years ago. Those were controversial RO2 release times and it ended up with people disliking the developer posts and upvoting people criticising the developers so much that TWI quietly removed it.

This actually comes as no shock but is a good a reason as any not to use the rating system. TWI gets enough flak just running an Early Access...

Upvote 0
We had a "like/dislike" feature about two years ago. Those were controversial RO2 release times and it ended up with people disliking the developer posts and upvoting people criticising the developers so much that TWI quietly removed it.

BS, people didn't like it and we got rid of it eventually. Simply didn't work.

Upvote 0
The issue is not black/white. Something can be of good quality and popular... that is even the point of a rating system. However, I understand your point that such a system can easily be abused but it is more a community organization system than anything. The old "most current last" would remain an organizational option. If peoples' feelings get hurt while they post unpopular opinions so be it- maybe they should understand that their opinions are not shared by the majority. Hell, I'd probably be one of them; afterall I like the new akimbo aim and do not want to see Endless mode added.

All conversation should be linear, Reddit destroys discourse by giving only the first and most popular opinions visibility while actively eliminating discourse.

Game developers have more to learn from how actual linear conversations play out.

Edit: TWI's straight tellin' it again. Priceless. The industry is too soft and it's watering down the whole hobby.

Last edited:
Upvote 0