• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Movie] MIASTO 44 Trailer

It was planned to be relased in UK as Warsaw 44 (or City 44 :confused:), but I don't know did it finally happened.

I enjoyed this movie. It's not a simple story about noble feelings and bravery, it's all about the price of freedom, that is valued in so many sacrificed lifes. Any death isn't glorious here, it's allways painfull, bloody and terryfing. On war you will see brave resistance fighters, cowards and just frightened people that would do everything to survive this hell. It's very immersive in this matter. Some scenes are just epic, i.e. rally point of the Home Army soldiers, that made my so proud even if it's obvious for me how sad and bitter will be the result; the slaughter of civilians and POWs by SS-Dirlewanger Brigade, the sewers or explosion of German tracked mine in the crowd of the people.

The script is nice and gripping, also the music (many tracks are in Polish so can't say anything about English version). The love story (and kissing in the center of firefight...), well without it the movie would be better :D
Overall this film is worth of seeing.
----------------------------------------------
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KEA76l3tLzM
My subtitles for the trailer :p

00:05 I will not report on you, but I don't want to see you here again.
00:08 We wil get you new job and papers and help with everything.
00:12 It's my sister, we are teaching her swimming. Somebody have to help her. She will not swim back alone.
00:18 Stefan will do it.
00:21 Come.
00:24 Meet Ala. Ala, it's mr Stefan. -We already know each other.
00:29 Conspiracy is great, we have all the best girls.

00:38 Swear to not participate in anything, swear!
00:41 I swear to serve faithfully my homeland, Republic of Poland
00:49 Attention!
00:51 Since today we will together eat, sleep...
00:56 ... maybe even dance.
01.11 Germans hit the hospital. Stefan is there. We have to take him back.
01:17 That are my people, they are for your's command, Sir.
01:20 These children?

01:45 Who believed that uprising will be 4 days long, was wrong.
01:50 Eve!
01:56 Why we started everything, why!
02:03 Never leave me alone!
02:07 I don't want to die, do you understand, I don't want!
02:10 Run! -I love you.
02:15 It will be last stand.

02:29 We will go away, where nothing will separate us. Only you and me...

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Well I found an version with English subtitles and just finished it. Overall, a very good movie and as morticore said, it is raw gritty and often uncomfortable scenes of war and innocent lives lost. A few select parts were down right silly along with some scenes that bordered on the "horror" movie lines.

I would recommend it to anyone interested in World War 2 and certainly the Eastern Front. I was aware, but not very familiar with the Warsaw Uprising of 1944, which is when this film is set.

Upvote 0