• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

RU Nationalist Party wants lawsuit against Germany

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raven1986

Grizzled Veteran
May 24, 2014
Hello friends,

I found this on RT: [url]http://rt.com/politics/228851-russia-germany-war-compensation/[/URL]

The Nationalist Party believe that they have a right to pursue a lawsuit against Germany for WWII crimes.

I personally believe we all are on a very good way to a WWIII. It is 100 years since the first world war set Europe ablaze in 1914 and high ranking politicians send millions of citizens to the morgue. This year in summer it is 70 years that the second world war - which was the second half of the Great War - came to an end in Europe. Again high ranking politicians pitted ordinary citizens against each other.

I believe the idea of a lawsuit very displaced. Germany has payed with the entire loss of East and West Prussia, the loss of Silesia, the 40 year occupation of East Germany and many POWs returned as late as 1955 after Adenauer went to Moscow for negotiation.

If this decision was to go through the relationship between Russia and Germany would become even worse, quite close actually to the situation post WWII.

Have people actually not learned their lessons in the 20th century?

Fire away folks, what is your opinion on this topic?

Please keep it civilised and use facts. :)

Regards
Raven

I believe there is no chance to end this topic polite and civillised way...

Any form of lawsuit investigation of war calamities after so many years is just without sense...
According to Potsdam conference Germany was forced to pay war reparations for the western Allies (West Germany) and USSR and coutries of eastern Europe (East Germany). Both sides abandoned it in times of Cold War because of politics ("West/East Germany is developing friendly and peaceful..."). I don't know anything about international law, but something seems to be inconsistent here :cool:

Upvote 0
I remember, recently ( few years ago ) germany paid money to Israel " for holocaust ".

In my opinion it makes no sense. But it happened, and its not more logican than if germany would pay reparations to Russia for 14 million killed civilians, destroyed cities and etc.

There was a similar movement in the United States a few years back calling for the US government to pay descendants of African Americans money because of Slavery.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.