• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

MG42 beer thread

iWv3UFwl.jpg

Warmi?ski Porter, Kormoran Brewery, Poland, 3 years old from my basement treasures - the time tried to eat the label :p
Very dark brown with ruby reflexes. It has rich flavour, full of dark chocolate, raisins, plums and cherry liqueur, also a little of cane sugar. Moderate sweetness, silk texture, alcohol prefectly hidden - 9% ABV is unnoticeable. Just great :cool:

Wow, I think I am in love. My mouth is watering from this pic..:eek:

Upvote 0
5th of November huh. Sounds like a good day to watch V for Vendetta and drink a stout (or two) out of a frosted mug while wearing my Guy Fawkes mask :)

The Fifth of November

Remember, remember!
The fifth of November,
The Gunpowder treason and plot;
I know of no reason
Why the Gunpowder treason
Should ever be forgot!
Guy Fawkes and his companions
Did the scheme contrive,
To blow the King and Parliament
All up alive.
Threescore barrels, laid below,
To prove old England's overthrow.
But, by God's providence, him they catch,
With a dark lantern, lighting a match!
A stick and a stake
For King James's sake!
If you won't give me one,
I'll take two,
The better for me,
And the worse for you.
A rope, a rope, to hang the Pope,
A penn'orth of cheese to choke him,
A pint of beer to wash it down,
And a jolly good fire to burn him.
Holloa, boys! holloa, boys! make the bells ring!
Holloa, boys! holloa boys! God save the King!
Hip, hip, hooor-r-r-ray!

Upvote 0
Only thing missing is lack of filtering (or whatever it is called in English) but I suppose that might make exporting, transportation etc bit trickier.

Belgian ales like your's are traditionally bottle conditioned. Pouring cristal clear beer to the glass needs a little of practice, keeping it for day or two in a fridge is very helpful. Bottle conditioned beers can be fresh for a lot of time, like one of imperial stouts in my possesion: about 25 years if stored in cold and darkness :D
MwzBPONm.jpg

------------------------------------------------------

Today I drinked an Aborygen from Polish small brewery Tenczynek. It's Australian hops IPA with present oranges, passion fruit and fresh cutted grass in aroma. Nice, bitter, easy to drink - fine beer, but I need something more suitable for incoming winter. Cheers :)

Upvote 0