• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Music] Favorite Music?

Zakarro

Grizzled Veteran
May 11, 2014
List your fav artists and songs, any generation since we all have our preferences.

For me

60s: Led Zeppellin "Stairway to Heaven"
Bob Dylan "Like Rolling Stone"
Bob Dylan/Jimi Hendrix: "All along the watchtower"

90s:2 pac Shakur "Life goes on"
The Offspring "The kids arent allright"

90s to present: Ministry of Sound Trance Nation or any progressive style trance.

I'm a metalhead. I'm mostly into the more modern stuff, so Iron Maiden is the only classic band I really listen to all the time.

80s:
-Pretty much anything by Iron Maiden especially the albums "The Number of the Beast" and "Powerslave". My favorite song of all time is "Hallowed Be Thy Name" from the former album.
-"Rime of the Ancient Mariner" from Powerslave

90s:
-"Fear of the Dark" by Iron Maiden from "Fear of the Dark"
-"Noldor (Dead Winter Reigns)" from Blind Guardian's album "Nightfall in Middle-Earth"

2000s:
-"Hades" by Kalmah from "Swamplord"
-"Fiddler on the Green" by Demons & Wizards from "Demons & Wizards"
-"Blood Brothers" by Iron Maiden from "Brave New World"
-"Down the Slopes of Death" and "Death in Fire" by Amon Amarth from "Versus the World"
-"Sadly Sings Destiny" and "And Then There Was Silence" by Blind Guardian from "A Night at the Opera"
-"The Third, The Magical" and "Moon of My Nights" by Kalmah from "Swampsong"
-"Dance of Death" and "Paschendale" by Iron Maiden from "Dance of Death"
-"Valkyries Ride" by Amon Amarth from "Fate of Norns"
-"Fly" by Blind Guardian from "A Twist in the Myth"
-"By the Sword in My Hand" by Tyr from "By the Light of the Northern Star"

2010s:
-"When the Wild Wind Blows" by Iron Maiden from "The Final Frontier"
-"Screaming Eagles" and "The Final Solution by Sabaton from "Coat of Arms"
-"Valkyries" and "The Wheel of Time" by Blind Guardian from "At the Edge of Time"
-"Under the Grey Banner" by Dragonland fro "Under the Grey Banner"
-"War of the Gods" and "T

Upvote 0
I guess im fairly diverse.
I come from a metal background. I listen to a lot of various forms of hardcore punk these days, crust punk and powerviolence most of all. Quite a bit of kraut, space and post rock. Breakcore and central asian folk are styles i've gotten into more recently.
There is quite a bit more too.

http://www.last.fm/user/tomcatha
you can check out what i listen to there.

Upvote 0
I like Led Zeppelin but i find them rather overrated. There are other bands from that time period i'd rather listen to generally more blues and weirdness oriented.
Also Iommi made Black Sabbath definitely not Ozzy.

What kind of blues you like?
John Lee Hooker?
Weirdness? You mean like Pink Floyd? They are alright, I like this new remix better

http://youtu.be/ZJQQLPXFNZs

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I think I have a quite diverse taste in music, but it's dependent of the decade. For example, I like pop music of the 80's but I hate pop music recorded nowadays. Kinda same thing with rock music. If we're talking about genres and artists by the decade, then here's what I'm into from different decades. I'm counting artists usually by the decade they released their first albums:

I don't really listen to music made before the 60's, but some Finnish schlager singers are close to my heart. My favorites from 1920 to 1959 include artists like Tapio Rautavaara, Georg Malmst

Upvote 0