• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Movie] My Honor Was Loyalty

Come on, you are pulling my leg here, this trailer can't be for a real movie. I assume I will have high difficulties to watch it in Germany.

Well, Zakarro, I tell you what, if you are a citizen of a country at war, you are not asked if you want to go to war. I have no illusions of democracy that if Germany is waging a war again in Europe and not in Asia, I will answer the call of duty, because I know what happens to "traitors" and "cowards", I could live with myself if my family had to pay for me saying "no!".
Sad truth.

I remember that there were actually several attempts to portray the German perspective in movies. Stalingrad 1993 was a good one and Our Mothers, Our Fathers was also done very well.
I'm always pissed at soldiers at the Bundeswehr who believe themselves so much better than the (great-)grandfathers. You had the choice between two things between 1939-45: 1. Do as you are told and hope to survive or 2. Do not as you are told, which mostly meant death.

I think that the question about "Why?" is answered way too easy. None of us experienced this time.

Upvote 0
Can be interesting movie, even if looks cheap - Airplanes are taken straight from WW2 reenactment event ;)
-----------------------
I was right.
From facebook;
Hello everybody. The director decided to look for a good reenacting event of Ardennes (SS vs Americans) to make videos that will insert in the film! So if you are willing to organize Reenacting of Ardennes, the director will be happy to travel. He will also give a complete Photoshoot to your group. So you have the chance to be in the movie. If you are interested, contact us by email....

I even know this Panther replica :D

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Come on, you are pulling my leg here, this trailer can't be for a real movie. I assume I will have high difficulties to watch it in Germany.

Well, Zakarro, I tell you what, if you are a citizen of a country at war, you are not asked if you want to go to war. I have no illusions of democracy that if Germany is waging a war again in Europe and not in Asia, I will answer the call of duty, because I know what happens to "traitors" and "cowards", I could live with myself if my family had to pay for me saying "no!".
Sad truth.

I remember that there were actually several attempts to portray the German perspective in movies. Stalingrad 1993 was a good one and Our Mothers, Our Fathers was also done very well.
I'm always pissed at soldiers at the Bundeswehr who believe themselves so much better than the (great-)grandfathers. You had the choice between two things between 1939-45: 1. Do as you are told and hope to survive or 2. Do not as you are told, which mostly meant death.

I think that the question about "Why?" is answered way too easy. None of us experienced this time.

Sigh, I have you on ignore but had to see this.
Ever hear of vietnam? Thats all Im gonna say

As for death or server the fuherer I know that already, and heres my response as a qoute:
"Id rather die on my feet then live on my knees"
-Ernesto Che Guevara

Last edited:
Upvote 0
What about Vietnam?
The South was assisted largely by the USA and in the end the North pushed southwards for ultimate victory. You know that there was a large amount of refugees pressing into the USA as they tried to escape Communism?

Your quote is unclear. You die on your feet if you get killed in action all the same. If you however believe that opposing is keeping on your feet, well if you can live with the fact that your family and loved ones got murdered because you said "no", you gotta choose that way, I guess.

Upvote 0
What about Vietnam?
The South was assisted largely by the USA and in the end the North pushed southwards for ultimate victory. You know that there was a large amount of refugees pressing into the USA as they tried to escape Communism?

Your quote is unclear. You die on your feet if you get killed in action all the same. If you however believe that opposing is keeping on your feet, well if you can live with the fact that your family and loved ones got murdered because you said "no", you gotta choose that way, I guess.

Sigh, I give up.

Upvote 0
Just rewatched the trailer, paying extra attention to song. It's funny to hear a non-native speaker singing this, the pronunciation is sometimes wrong and also sometimes the accentuation is off. But hey, way better than many Germans themselves. :D

Like I said before, I am curious if the movie receives a Germany release or if authorities go bananas again about this piece of art and display of history.

Upvote 0
Just rewatched the trailer, paying extra attention to song. It's funny to hear a non-native speaker singing this, the pronunciation is sometimes wrong and also sometimes the accentuation is off. But hey, way better than many Germans themselves. :D

Like I said before, I am curious if the movie receives a Germany release or if authorities go bananas again about this piece of art and display of history.

Someone mentioned that in the YouTube comments also. I havent seen a release date yet either.

Upvote 0
In this case a person that must start in 8 threads of 10 a weird discussion or even a quarrel because he always knows better...
Ohh I see so making a more then usual amount of threads means troll. You must be new. You even said "in this case" are there now different definition for troll, the classic is below....
A person that butts in to peoples thread just to annoy them...... :rolleyes: cough

Dont bring up the past of my political talks, I simply said Ill watch this movie, so please stop it. You have already been reported. Congrats your another added to ignore list.

Last edited:
Upvote 0