• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Stalingrad Footage

Krane65

Grizzled Veteran
Jun 6, 2012
Here is some "stalingrad footage" on youtube. Looks ALOT like RO2.. But did this russian at 1:24 really get wasted by some bullet or is it just a "propaganda film" for the Germans?

Battle for Stalingrad color footage - YouTube

If you look close around the 1:24 mark, the dude buckles up when running and the other guys behind him screech to a halt......sliding along the ground. The dude on the left looks helplessly to the right...presumably at the buddy getting wasted by bullets. It's sort of how I would behave if all of sudden the dude in front of me got shot up.

RIP... :(

Last edited:
What this topic have to do with RO2?
Footage that looks like ro2 was said. However I don't think it should be on a game forum.
At the 1:24 guy it's very clearly something he was told to do or did because he sees too many movies. Nobody reacts to it not even what you think the guy on the left does. In my army time we saw footage with real war, close up weapon combat and real episodes like 1:24 so it wouldn't freak us out. I guess so or else our sergeant was just unexceptional cruel. I'm quite sure most of this is staged however I could be wrong.

Upvote 0
Imo I was hoping for more street battles and stuff like that in this game.. And more house to house fighting, don't get me wrong i really love this game but I still would love to see more street fighting, urban warfare and more ruins because sometimes everything is to much 'intact' for me. What has a map like winterwald to do with Stalingrad? I like the map but for me it has nothing to do with Stalingrad. And the uniforms especially the German winter and the Russian hero are not doing it for me. But still I really enjoy this game. Played for almost 500 hours and I really like it. But personally I was hoping for a more 'Stalingrad' feeling, the more brutal urban warfare with house to house fighting, and more ruins.

Upvote 0
1:24 looks staged.... but you never know. The video seems a mix of staged and unstaged.
You dont often get video an offensive assault, camera man is not going to be able to keep up while also keeping safe to get that type of footage.

A good way to tell is if the soldiers run past a camera, in that case at 1:24 they did, so i call staged footage.

As would I..... if the camera man was fast enough to get ahead of the soldiers to setup his camera to film the soldiers as they arrived, I'd be telling him to put the camera down and pick up a damn weapon.

And the fact that he didn't get shot by the other force, maybe what soldiers should have done was run around with Cameras so the enemy would think "Oh wait, hold your fire, if we kill them, we won't be famous"

Last edited:
Upvote 0
As would I..... if the camera man was fast enough to get ahead of the soldiers to setup his camera to film the soldiers as they arrived, I'd be telling him to put the camera down and pick up a damn weapon.

And the fact that he didn't get shot by the other force, maybe what soldiers should have done was run around with Cameras so the enemy would think "Oh wait, hold your fire, if we kill them, we won't be famous"

Hahah!! Awesome points everyone. Never thought about it in this way.

Upvote 0