• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

No Easy Day

Floyd

Grizzled Veteran
Feb 19, 2006
Waterproof
www.ro50pc.net
Not WWII history but more current events related...

I finished reading No Easy Day by Mark Owen the other day.
It is his personal account of SEAL Team Six's (DEVGRU) raid at the compound in Abbottabad, Pakistan.

I'd read Lone Survivor: ... by Marcus Luttrell a while back. If you can get past his (Marcus') political opinions, the book is an interesting look at the BUD/s training Navy SEALs go through and is his account of Operation Red Wing. No Easy Day doesn't go into the BUD/s training but picks up from there and speaks to the constant and intense training that DEVGRU goes through. No party politics, just an interesting read, imo.

Though I'm sure there are countless other books that cover the SEALS training, etc. these are just two that I've read. I'll be interested to see how Mark Owen's (pen name) account stacks up to the released facts.

He states (in the preface, I think) that Navy lawyers gave him the go ahead on everything. He further comments that he gives away nothing that is not already in the public domain. Names changed, etc. So no military secrets or anything that puts others in harm's way is revealed.

His account differs from the first accounts released.....but then that is nothing unusual..

Even so, it illustrates the mindset, tactics, and toughness of these guys. Its a quick and easy read.

Last edited:
Upvote 0