• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Lest we forget

Golf33

Grizzled Veteran
Nov 29, 2005
On this ANZAC Day we remember the service and sacrifice of all Australian and New Zealand soldiers who gave their lives or health in World War I, World War II, Korea, Malaya, Borneo, Vietnam, the Gulf, Iraq and Afghanistan; and those who have served and sacrificed in countless peacekeeping and humanitarian operations from Cambodia and East Timor to Rwanda and Somalia.

I especially have in mind my comrades still serving or recently returned from Iraq and Afghanistan - may you come home unharmed in mind and body.

Lest we forget.

A bit late... This song needs to be played on every Anzac day.
Usually I would post the Pogues' version but some might not know the original.

Eric Bogle - The Band Played Waltzing Matilda - YouTube

"Gallipoli was a bastard of a place," he said. "I never understood what we were fighting for. All I could think of was that I never wanted to go back to the bloody place."
- Albert White, aged 100, Brisbane, Sydney Morning Herald, 17 May 2002

I also find this very moving, it is from the Anzac memorial at Gallipoli:

“Heroes who shed their blood and lost their lives! You are now lying in the soil of a friendly country. Therefore rest in peace. There is no difference between the Johnnies and Mehmets to us where they lie side by side here in this country of ours. You, the mothers, who sent their sons from far away countries wipe away your tears; your sons are now lying in our bosom and are in peace. After having lost their lives on this land they have become our sons as well.”
― Mustafa Kemal Atat

Last edited:
Upvote 0