• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Has there been a nation that played a part in WWII that hasn't been in a game at all?

m1rock69

Jan 19, 2012
Has there? Ive played ALLOT of WWII games both foreign and domestic. :D There are very few I can think of. I guess the only ones I can think of are (outside grand strategy games like Hearts of Iron and mods like Battlefield China for Mount & Blade) are:

South Africa
Lithuenia
Latvia
Thailand
Iraq

I think any other nations involved I can name at least one game they are represented in that isnt a mod.

Anyone else know of any?

Last edited:
Video games? I think the Greeks. the netherlands, canadians....
Canadians where in Call of Duty 3, Call of Duty Road To Victory, Battlefield 1942, Combat Mission Beyond Overlord, Company of Heroes Opposing Fronts, Combat Mission Afrika Corps, Faces of War, and a few other ones I think. They had some Canadians in Silent Storm I know...think im missing some..Greeks, im not sure of, Netherlands I know for a fact are in IL2: 1946. Also the Dutch resistance is at least featured in game (though not playable) in Call of Duty classic, Brothers in Arms Hells Highway and a few others.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
If HoI doesn't count then Belgium, Luxembourg, Spain (Division Azul), Yugoslavia, Croatia, Greece, Bulgaria, Czechoslovakia, Denmark, Norway, Albania in Europe.
There are playable Yugoslavian fractions in Codename Pazers II and Rush for Berlin. Czechoslovakia has air units in IL2 1946. Norway isnt well represented but you got a Norwegian sniper character in Silent Storm, and the Norwegian Resistance makes an appearance in Hidden and Dangerous 2 if that counts, though outside Silent storm I don't know of any games where you can play as Norway. I dont know of any representation of the Azul Divisions but I do know there is an RTS out there called Shadows of War that covers the Spanish Civil War. The others Id say your right on though, far as I am aware.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
There are playable Yugoslavian fractions in Codename Pazers II and Rush for Berlin. Czechoslovakia has air units in IL2 1946. Norway isnt well represented but you got a Norwegian sniper character in Silent Storm, and the Norwegian Resistance makes an appearance in Hidden and Dangerous 2 if that counts, though outside Silent storm I don't know of any games where you can play as Norway. I dont know of any representation of the Azul Divisions but I do know there is an RTS out there called Shadows of War that covers the Spanish Civil War. The others Id say your right on though, far as I am aware.

Only playable norwegians would be the BF1942 FH1 mod: Norwegian Resistance.. (first game with proper molotovs actually iirc, worked with that mod years ago) Tho, dunno if it counts.

Upvote 0
Do they? Slovak airforce is in, but I'm not sure about Czechoslovakia
Hmmm maybe thats what I was thinking of. I thought Il2 had some non flyable Czech aircraft made flyable with some modding but I could be wrong. Been awhile since I flew a campaign in that neck of the world. But of course there are flyable Czech aircraft for IL2:

Il-2 Sturmovik 1946 Video: Czechoslovakia 1938 - YouTube

But that I think breaks the whole "no mods" rule. I know a few games with Czech weapons like the ZB vz. 26.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Only playable norwegians would be the BF1942 FH1 mod: Norwegian Resistance.. (first game with proper molotovs actually iirc, worked with that mod years ago) Tho, dunno if it counts.
Ha! I remember seeing that mod back in the day. Think I downloaded it once and had trouble getting it to work or something the started playing FH and kinda got caught up in that. But it did look really awesome. Did that mod have bot support?

Upvote 0